Chapter 12

Blaze’s POV

I was laying on my bed, staring up at the ceiling of my room while waiting for Skye to come out of the bathroom. Her sobs could be heard easily through the door, and I wanted so badly to just run in there and hold her, to tell her everything will be alright. That those bastards will pay for what they’ve done to her. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. I don’t even know why I’m so worked up about it. It’s probably just the fact that I think rape and sexual abuse is awful and disgusting. And I know what it can do to a person.

“Blaze?”

My head snapped up, and there she was standing in the bathroom doorway wearing my sweatpants that were rolled up and still too long and my sweatshirt where the sleeves were too long for her slender arms. Her eyes were still red and tearstained. I sat up and opened my arms for her, and she wasted no time in throwing herself into them, gripping onto me as the tears threatened to fall once again.

“Do you want to talk about it?” I murmured, wrapping my arms around her.

“I don’t know what to say,” Skye whispered, burying her head in my chest.

I laid us down on the bed carefully, keeping her in my grip. “I know how you feel.”

“Disgusted. Humiliated. Pathetic,” she offered, not meeting my gaze. A sigh escaped my lips, and she looked up at me. “How did you know what to do when you found me?”

“You’re not the first girl I’ve known to go through something like that,” I admitted, looking away.

She hesitated before asking, “Can you tell me about it?”

I looked down at her and noticed how broken and hurt she really was at the moment. “If you promise to tell me what they did to you.”

“Do you promise to never let it happen again?” Skye retorted quietly, her eyes tearing up.

The guilt immediately rose up in me. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there.”

Skye broke down, crying into my chest as I tightened my grip on her. “Where were you?” she sobbed. “Why didn’t you come?”

“I tried, Skye, I really did. They covered your scent, and they had guys who got in Isabella’s way. By the time she got to us they were probably already done with you,” I muttered, feeling awful. Honestly, I was beating myself up over this. But my anger right now was stronger than anything, and I had to fight it down so I could help Skye right now. “I came as soon as I could.”

Once she had calmed down she asked once again about the other girl I once knew who went through this. “It was my sister,” I replied, looking into the distance. I remembered everything perfectly. “I’ll summarize it to make it quick.”

“What’s her name?” Skye whispered, her eyes wide with curiosity, momentarily forgetting what she just went through herself.

“Her name was Loredika, but we called her Dika,” I replied, looking down at her, and I knew she saw the pain in my eyes. “She was alone in the woods, something our parents had warned her to never do, but she didn’t listen. She went for a walk. What she didn’t know was that she was being followed by a group of men. Once they were far enough away from the castle and deep into the forest they surrounded her, and they took her right then and there.”

I closed my eyes tightly as the memories of my sister crying and telling me what  happened flooded into my mind. Skye shifted in my arms until she was hugging me. “It’s okay, go on,” she encouraged quietly.