Chapter 6

(Blaze’s POV)

I was laying on my bed staring at my ceiling, waiting for Zeth to come and interrogate me. As usual I didn’t have to wait long before my door slammed open and a blur tackled me to the ground.

My gaze met bright red eyes. “Sup, Blaze?”

“Get off of me, you fat ass!” I joked, pushing my best friend off of me.

Zeth pouted, sticking out his lower lip with his snakebites. “I am not a fat ass!”

“You sure about that?” I smirked.

He rolled his eyes and shook his blonde and black hair out of his face. “Okay, so what’s this I’m hearing about a female troublesome slave that you got? Where is she?”

“She’s umm in the cell at the end of the hall,” I muttered, rubbing the back of my neck and avoiding eye contact.

“I would go get her,” Zeth said, “but I want to ask some questions first. Do you know anything about her?”

“Her favorite color’s black. Uh, she has black streaks in her hair which the vampires put there because she was a troublemaker. She was in the Slave Center for over a year. Oh, and she can handle torture very well. She’s feisty and stubborn, strong, a good fighter, and protective,” I added, remembering how she was with Rosie.

Zeth raised an eyebrow. “You don’t know a name.”

“Right!” I face-palmed myself. “Skye.”

“I like the name. What does she look like?”

“How about  I go get her?” I offered.

He grinned. “Sure. Then she can answer questions”

Heaving a sigh, I got up and went down the hallway. I stopped outside of the door before opening it slowly.

(Skye’s POV- from when Blaze threw her in)

I glared at the door, furious. The little bastard! If I could I would most definitely kill that stupid, arrogant, hot- WOAH! I did not say that.

Shaking my head clear of the thoughts, I looked around the cell I was in. I had to admit, it was better than the cells at the Slave Center. Much better. And at least I wasn’t chained. But I frowned at that. The chains are what helped me. My gaze flickered to the scars on my wrists. Well, not really help if you think about it. It just helped me cope with what was going on. I was in there for over a year. Tortured, starved, everything you could think of. They especially loved the taste of my blood.

“Skye,” a voice hissed in my ear. “Skye, wake up.”

Slowly I blinked open my eyes. I looked up to see three guards standing around me, cornering me. My lip curled back in a defiant snarl. “What do you assholes want?”