2)A little Predicament

When we got home Har and I walked straight upstairs so I could take a shower and he could relax a bit but my mum shouted us back.

“Lyn I told you I wanted a word!” She screamed. Har and I groaned simultaneously stomping back down stairs.

“Mum I need a shower!” I groaned.

“Well I’m sure it can wait two minutes.” Mum started patting the couch next to her but Har and I sat on the other couch with our arms folded. “I swear you two should have been twins.”

“But I’m older!” Har protested.

“By three months, jerk.”

“Right enough chit-chat. I wanted to talk to you about my job.” Mum worked for a company that ordited other companies. She would go round making sure they were being safe and doing their job properly. “Well I got a promotion.” I didn’t really see the difference since she left all the time to go around the country. Normally when she went Har would sleep over to make sure I wasn’t killed by an axe-man.

“That’s great!” Har said since I just wanted my shower.

“Well that’s the thing; you might not think that in a minute. Your family doesn’t know yet and I’m not looking forward to telling them.” I looked at Har only to see him looking at me with a worried/confused expression that I mirrored. “The jobs in Poland, which means we’ll have to move there; permanently.”

“What!” We screamed together. My mum flinched away from us as we stood up with our fists clenched.

“What do you mean ‘we’!?” I screeched.

“Well I can hardly leave you here by yourself Lyn.” I knew she was right but I could never admit that to her.  My Dad was a sperm donor so I don’t know who he is and neither does my Mum. That didn’t bother me until now because maybe if I’d had a Dad he would have stayed with me.

“I’m going for my shower.” I huffed as I stormed out of the living room slamming the door shut only for Har to open it again. When I reached the bottom of the stairs I felt warm, strong arms snake around my waist.

“Calm down Car, it’ll be fine.” Har whispered in my ear; I knew he was only trying to help but his lies made me want to cry. I placed my hands on his arms and leaned my head back against his chest.

“It won’t though. What about us Har, we’ll never see each other?” It took all my will power to not cry.

“You think I’d give up on our friendship just because you’re in a different country? Did Romeo give up just because Juliet was a Capulet?” I knew he was about to continue so I cut him off.

“But they died in the end and if you died I couldn’t live with myself.” I refused to turn around because the tears were pouring down my cheeks.

“Car, trust me plea-”

“I’m going for a shower.” I pushed out of his embrace and sprinted up the stairs.

“I’ll be at mine if you want to come over.” I was already getting jeans and a vest top to change into along with a towel.

“Okay, I’ll be twenty minutes!” I shouted back. I heard the door slam so I quickly ran into the shower wanting to spend as much time as possible with Har.

I was finally getting to my important time in life; my GCSE’s were coming up; my karate path was doing well and Har and I were stronger than ever.

After standing under the warm water for ten minutes I got out the shower and quickly blow-dried my hair. Slipping into my clothes I jogged downstairs and out the door without even glancing at my mum; she has a lot of making up to do.