Defenders of the Universe and Danny

It was the year 4274 and aliens were attacking the Earth.

It was honestly not that surprising. They'd known there was more life out there since a bit over two thousand years ago. Granted, they hadn't had much of a way to contact them, but if a sentient species from a world connected to Earth by portals weren't enough proof of alien life then the ones currently bombing their planet sure is.

Danny joined the army of humans and spectros that were firing at the purple alien spaceships, trying their best not to let their opponents get any closer than Mars. They'd already destroyed two of the planets in their solar system, which had pissed Danny thoroughly enough to have him charging his jet with as much of his energy as it could handle.

The weird flying machines of these aliens might be very advanced and dangerous, but Earth hadn't hung back on their technology either. Especially after Spectros had slowly formed bonds with humans and the two species started mixing, exchanging knowledge and growing stronger together.

Danny glanced to his sides to check on the other soldiers. There was a jet for every two (occasionally three) people, which made for a lot of jets. He smiled mischievously. There was enough to drive away these nasty aliens. Whoever they were, they hadn't tried much for establishing alliances with Terrans. They'd gone straight for the fighting, which had not given humans much time to get ready. Even less to do anything else other than send an S.O.S. towards their spectro friends.

Blasts of different colors were fired from either canons or the tips of the jets noses. Danny grinned as he planted his hands on the smooth oval under the control panel and charged an ectoblast, sending some shots through the tip of his own ship's nose and hitting the side of the main alien ship. He laughed as the shots they threw at him dissipated against the shield he formed.

A jet next to him was dismembering one of the enemy's machines with its long techy arms and another to his right kept teleporting out of sight and reappearing only to blast the ship closest to them.

Danny regarded them with jealousy. He'd only managed to steal one of the basic jets for spectros. The ones for that particular species were scarce enough on Earth and therefore better guarded and he hadn't had time to go to Ctaro, as the universe on the other side of the green portals had been dubbed, to retrieve a ship more qualified for his kind of power.

As the purple lined fleet started retreating Danny found himself thinking of what he should do with the stolen jet. Should he return it or leave it here somewhere.

Before he could think of anything else there was a bright light and his ship rattled. Danny gasped and closed his eyes. His hands flew over the controls as someone who knew it's mechanisms inside out (he was always fascinated in spaceships and their mechanisms. Of course he knew how they worked). His ears picked up a beeping that meant the enemy was getting closer. 

Suddenly there were thumps around his jet and he was thrown this way and that before the triple layered, bulletproof and high-pressure withstanding glass in front of his cockpit shattered and he was yanked out of his seat.

Danny wasted no time in kicking his assailant in the face and charging ectoblasts in his hands. He opened his eyes with a scowl and snarled at the purple aliens pointing guns at him. Weird ass aliens were gonna get their weird ass asses kicked for even looking at his Milky Way.

He crouched and jumped on one of the beings. They dodged, but couldn't dodge Danny's kick to the chin. He shot an ectoblast towards one of the others and knocked the other two over. He left them groaning on the ground and took in his surroundings.

It seemed he had been sucked in by the main spaceship along with a few others. They were moving away from Earth, which was good. It seemed they had at least been able to drive them out. And more angry Barney's with guns were coming towards him, which was bad.