Chapter 22

Albus' Point of view (Part 1)

"Guess what, Dela Cruz? I'm already on top and there is no way that you can beat me," He arrogantly said after his speech in front of many tycoons.

I can't believe that I turned this man like this. Maybe everybody was right. I'm a bad mentor, A bad influence, A worse friend.

I looked at him for the last time before I turned my back on him. I don't want to waste this night by his arrogant talks.

I remembered when we were in highschool. That time we were best friends and all we ever did wad supporting each other. The way we promised that we will help each other no matter what happens.

The both of us wanted to walk in the same path which is the corporate world because both of us are destined to manage the companies of our parents.

During our college days, He was having a hard time in his studies. Good thing we we're classmates so I willingly helped him to improved.

Never have I ever left him hanging.

If there's one reason why he is so mad at me is I won the heart of my dearest wife, Zaila. Not Because she has feeling for Zaila but because I lost my time in helping him.

I didn't know at first that he's alread being mad at me when I started to court Zaila and then He avoided me when Zaila became my girlfriend. Is it my fault that I wanted to pursue my happiness?

Zaila and I stayed strong for years and when our graduation finally came, I decided that I want her to stay in my life forever so I did asked for her hand and she said yes. That was the happiest day of my life but then that was the day when my friendship with my bestfriend ends. He didn't graduate because he failed his subjects.

I recieved a punch from him weeks after graduation. He accussed me for everything he's been through.

Years later, he became my biggest competitor in our business and now he's acting like he own the whole wide world because he thinks he's already succesful by having more money than me.

How can you tell that he is succesful if he has anger in his heart?

Because I can say I am succesful. I am succesful because I have my wife and my children with me. I'm working hard not because I wanted to be on top but because I want to give my family a  happy and covenient life.

But Manolo Lee just won't stop bugging our family. Yup, You red it correctly, It is him. He is a Lee.

When my oldest child— Zafira, started attending pre school, She met a friend and that was Manolo's child.

I didn't mind that at first kasi it's quite impossible that Manolo will involve our children in our fight.

But he just proved me that nothing is impossible.

Years after when my daughter graduated in elementary, I transfer her in a new school and I don't know if this us just a coincidence or what? but Manolo's child also did tranfer to Zafira's new school.

I didn't feel good about that so after half of her school year, I transferred Zafira back to her old school.

Not like what I expected, He let his son finish a school year there but after that, He also transferred his son back to where Zafira is studying.

As my daughter grew up, She become more closer and closer to Manolo's child and I did nothing kasi alam ko na Zafira is already in love with that kid.

I'm not sure if I will let them love each other kasi what if Manolo will use my daughter? but something is also telling me that this kid has nothing to do with his dad, that  he won't hurt my daughter so I let them have their relationship.

But I just feel that something is up with Manolo. I think he will have a new plan if he will know that my daughter and his son is already together. I know he wouldn't stop with this thing.

I hired an investegator to monitor what Manolo is doing and the hell, he's indeed planning something! He's trying to hurt my child for pete's sake!

"Ser, Balak niya po papuntahin ng USA ang anak niya para makipagbreak ho sa anak niyo," sabi ng binayaran kong tao para magmanman kay Manolo.

This would totally break my daughter's heart.

I can see through her eyes how much she loves Manolo's child but I need to stop this. I need to save my daughter.

"Ser, pakiingatan ho yung anak niyo. May nadinid ako na mas masama silang balak gawin. Mukhang delikado ho," muling pagsasalita ng tauhan ko. By that, kumulo ang dugo ko.

I need to take my daughter away from his child! I don't want my daughter's life to be in danger! 

I was left alone in my office. I need to think a plan to stop mu daughter from seeing Manolo's child.

I'm sorry, my dear Zaf but we need to secure your safety.

"Dad!" Zafira entered my office with a big smile on her face.

"Hmm? Bakit ka napadpad dito, nak?" I asked. She laughed at me that causes me to smile.

"Grabe naman kayo sa napadpad, Dad! Eh lagi naman akong napunta dito!" She giggled she sat on a chair. Look how precious my daughter is, i don't want that smile to fade soon.

"Nak, ilang buwan na din ng pinuntahan mo 'ko dito. What do you need?" I asked. She touched her cheeks as she widen her smile.

"Grabe naman, Dad! Nagtatampo ba kayo?" She laughed at me "I'll ask lang sana if pwede sa hapon ng birthday ko may pupuntahan ako." she said

"Hmm, with your boyfriend?" I asked.

"Yes, Dad. Pretty pleaaaase," she said. Papayagan ko ba siya? I guess I need to. For the last time, I need to let her see Manolo's child. For the last time, I'll give her happiness because after this, I need to secure her safety.

--