Daily Mail

'I haven't seen him in years. To be honest, I have no reason to.': claims ZAYN about his ex-bandmate Harry Styles, further trying to prove that he and Harry 'never really spoke' while they were both still 1Direction stars.

By Kate Garter for Mail Online
PUBLISHED: 14:15 GMT, 5 December 2017 | UPDATED: 14:44 GMT, 5 December 2017

It has been over two years since Zayn Malik (24) left the world's biggest boy band in a flurry of crying fan girls and bitter bandmates. While the 'PillowTalk' singer usually avoids 1D-related questions, he can never really escape them.

In a recent interview with Billboard, the singer revealed not only the plans for his (very anticipated) second LP, but also gave us an insight on his relationship with his former 'brothers'. The insight was that there are no relationships! Zayn is apparently too cool for his ex-bandmates and doesn't talk to them anymore.

The interviewer pushed and questioned Zayn about Harry (23) specifically, due to a recent radio interview Harry did with his old friend and BBC Radio 1 star Nick Grimshaw. In said interview, Grimshaw started teasing Harry about 'shenanigans' from his 1D days, asking him to tell a wild story. And what did Harry do?

He complied and proceeded to recount a story about how he and Zayn ran away from their security in Australia and spent the whole night partying. It included dancing on tables and drinking champagne straight from the bottle. Pretty regular stuff for stars like them, isn't it?

Well, it seemed like the story was finished until Grimshaw said: "Harold, why don't you tell our lovely listeners about the best part? The hotel room part?" to which Harry spit out a quick "shut up, I regret I ever told you anything about us." After that, the interview ended pretty quickly.

Could there be more to this unacknowledged beef between the two young popstars? Is Zayn trying to feed us lies and deny his past friend(relation?)ship with Harry Styles? Did Nick Grimshaw start a sudden rise in the number of 'Zarry' shippers?

We may never know what happened for sure, but be sure to stay with us by subscribing to our newsletter HERE to not miss any new discoveries!