| 08 | (BWWM)

FLASHBACK TO ANGEL'S LIFE BEFORE SHE MET COLE

KB owned one of the most well-known restaurant chains in Northeast Texas. At the age of forty-seven, he was the youngest of the multi-billion-dollar Prichard family. The six siblings were into everything from cattle, construction, oil, restaurants, retail, and much more. However, KB entrusted his business to Rutherford Financial Forecasting due to his relationship with the owner.

Kyle Prichard and Slaine Rutherford were frat brothers. They graduated from Princeton University together. When KB left New Jersey to return to Texas, he stayed in touch with his frat brother. They were thick as thieves in college. As soon as a Rutherford Family financial consultancy branch was slated to open in North East Texas; KB was their first big client. The Prichard name drew the business of many wealthy families.

Initially, Angel worked with a team of financial consultants on the Prichard account. She identified several areas where the client lost money after working with the team for two years. Once Kyle found out her sharp eyes were responsible for multiple saves during the two years, he requested the account be handled exclusively by Angel.

"Mr. Rutherford, I don't think it would be in the best interest of the client to allow one person to be responsible for a portfolio of this size." She explained to her boss as several employees wheeled them into her office in three crates.

"Angel, you were hand-selected by Mr. Prichard. If you need anything, reach out to your assigned support staff." The words left his mouth as he walked out the door. She slept in her office on numerous occasions, babysitting the account. There was no way she would fail.

||-||-||

She and her friend continued their stupid tirade until she said the wrong thing.

"Look at her. She thinks she's special because she got the Prichard account. God, I can't stand that bitch. I wanted to work on that account. Didn't you see how hot Kyle is?" When the team received information that they no longer had the Prichard account, Shelley Faye's face seethed candy-apple red with jealousy.

"I get so sick and tired of these BLACK girls trying to steal everything from us. We've been here longer than her, and she just waltzes right in with her big brain and that fat ghetto ass and steals the show." But, of course, Jessica Blundt had no idea Angel was standing right behind her.

"What did you just say, twiggy?" Angel demanded as she stood in the middle of the breakroom. She was directly behind the tall blonde and her auburn friend with a murderous look on her face.

"I said..." Jessica started to speak with an attitude before Angel cut her off.

"Let me state this before you open your stupid pie hole and say the wrong thing. I will lose my job kicking your ass today. Then I will file a report with HR regarding hate speech, which means you will lose your job. So, if you feel the need to keep talking in such a reckless manner, do so at your own risk." Angel stood by, waiting for her co-worker to say anything out of line. Not only was she ready to slap the taste out of homegirl's mouth, but she also had her phone on record the entire time.

Little did she know, a wrong turn caused someone unexpected to witness the whole thing.

||-||-||

Angel opted for doing something simple.

She and KB went to Chop House Burger in Downtown Dallas. They walked around for a little while, observing the night's activities, the lights, and the people. Downtown was always lively. Even though it was a Thursday night, there was plenty to see.