| 05 | (BWWM)

He couldn't resist kissing her sweet face.

They finished loading all of their purchases into the SUV. Angel got in on the passenger side as he followed her. She turned to face him before she could close the door. Before God and everyone, he kissed his baby. Cole realized how much she made him feel like a real man. They didn't realize Mr. Parson came out to the vehicle until he knocked on the back-passenger door.

"I don't mean to interrupt you love birds, but some guys came up here a couple of weeks ago looking for someone who matched your description." The old man told them. Angel looked at Cole. She was worried about what this could mean.

"Mr. Parson, do you remember what any of them looked like?" Cole asked the older man with a raised eyebrow. The senior rubbed his forehead and looked up to the sky as he reflected on the question.

"One of the guys was smaller. He had a bald head and weasel-like eyes. He looked shifty. I told him that no one matched that description and I'm sure the people in town wouldn't tell a stranger anything, but you might want to be careful. They didn't look like they would be too fond of this little darling right her." The old man smiled as he gently gazed at Angel's face. The look in Cole's eyes told Angel that there was a major problem. He turned pure white as if he'd seen a ghost. After he thanked Mr. Parson for the heads up, they entered the vehicle and drove across town.

"Baby. I don't know how you feel about guns, but we need to get a few things for protection." His statement confirmed to Angel just how serious the information shared by Mr. Parson really was. She shook her head in agreement and followed his lead. Since they left the feed store, Cole's eyes were locked on the road.

||-||-||

The ride home was silent.

Neither of them said a word. As they proceeded along the road to their destination, Cole noticed a truck following them. The vehicle sped up as if it were about to pass them. Something was wrong with the driver. The truck made an attempt to pass and then fell back. It tried to pass again and then fell back. Once more, the vehicle positioned itself to pass one last time and pulled up to the driver's side.

A ghost from his past stared him down. It was the same asshole who tried to kill him. He never thought he would see that motherfucker ever again. The gun that came into view brought hellfire out of Cole. Bruce rolled down his window and aimed the gun at his enemy's head.

"GET DOWN!!!" he screamed as he saw the gun pointed at him.

||-||-||

It was strange how life had a way of repeating itself.

The memory of her first love raged in her mind as Cole and Angel stared down the barrel of the gun. The idea of losing the man she loved was a burden she could not bear. Not again. She would not lose someone she loved so dearly again.

A sense of déjà vu washed over her body. It was as if her life flashed before her eyes in rewind. At that moment she saw the day she met Cole and going further back, she saw the day she lost KB. Still worse, her mind briefly froze on the day he was taken from her and how everything he was in her life was ripped away from her.

Angel rescued Cole from the brink of death and the moment came when someone attempted to take him from her. The magnitude of what had happened was just like a ton weight had been placed around her neck. Even though shock and terror hit her, she found herself in fight or flight mode.

||-||-||

FLASHBACK TO ANGEL'S LIFE BEFORE SHE MET COLE

The impact of the car on the right side was so strong, it clipped their vehicle from the front passenger side and as the Jaguar began to spin, the SUV spun around and hit their vehicle once more.

An accident was commonplace in Dallas. On I-635W just before the Audelia Street exit, a black Ford Expedition accelerated to 85 miles per hour in rush hour traffic. It was 7:17 PM on a Friday night. Even though the traffic was congested, the black Expedition ducked and dodged in and out of traffic. As soon as the reckless driver made a move to cut off the Rosello Red Jaguar XJ50, another vehicle jumped directly in front of him.

The SUV abruptly slowed down and clipped the front of the Jaguar on the passenger side. The car was sent into a spin. Again, the driver of the Expedition tried to overcorrect his vehicle. As he turned his steering wheel to the left a little too sharp, his SUV bumped the already spinning Jaguar once more and caused the car to flip and go airborne.

Even though Angel and Kyle were fastened in their seat belts and holding one another, terror set in as the car took flight. It literally took to the air and began to roll from lane two to the median of the six-lane interstate highway. Landing on its roof, the car lay partially on the fifth and sixth lanes. The occupants were at the mercy of oncoming traffic.

Angel was hanging upside down. It seemed like some invisible force was squeezing the air out of her lungs. She remained still for a moment trying to pull her faculties together.

"KB." Her voice was barely audible, but she had to make sure he was ok.

"Kyle. Baby talk to me, please." Angel could hear the tears in her own voice. Her pleas were greeted with silence. The effort taken to look at him was unbelievable. Her body felt like it weighed a ton as she hung upside down for what seemed like an eternity.

"Kyle say something. KB say something. KB please say something." The hysterical screams heard were hers. Angel wasn't sure what else to do as her vision began to falter due to the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Angel... baby." His voice was faint. Because she was unable to get a good look at him, she was disoriented and afraid. KB's voice was normally booming. To hear him sound so distant and weak conjured up all of her worst fears. What was wrong with him? Why was she nearly unable to hear his voice? Was he okay?

"KB are you okay, baby?" She tried again to gain his attention. Angel needed him to be alright. She needed to hear the same strong voice she had always heard.

"I think I'm alright. I just feel like I'm suffocating. Don't worry baby girl, I'll be fine." He tried to reassure her.

They hung upside down for approximately 10 minutes before the Dallas Police and Emergency Response arrived. Even though the accident was over in a few seconds, it took them about 15 minutes to safely extract the driver and the two passengers from the car.

Struggling to stay awake, Angel held his hand and Kyle held hers. As they were pulled from the vehicle, she managed to grab the small bag which contained her cell phone, cards, and information. Anxiety took over her body as she saw him being placed in a separate ambulance. All three occupants of the vehicle were taken to Medical City Hospital in Dallas, Texas.

||-||-||

"The best way for Wattpad to know how you feel about stories like mine is when you Comment & Vote. Your interactions are totally up to you, but hearing from you really helps and encourages me to write the stories you enjoy reading.

Thanks so much for your support."