2%

The night was still and eerily silent as the last cannon sounded in the sky and showed the fallen tributes. As it faded away a frost settled and the temperatures dropped drastically. Everyone worked on getting a fire started and struggled to keep warm.

A young man panted quietly as he ran through the woods and jumped over fallen logs to avoid tripping. He glanced back at the woman chasing him then jumped off a small cliff. He grunted as he landed wrong but kept running as he gripped his bow and arrow. He put the arrow away and then set the bow over his shoulder so he could run faster. He quickly pulled his knife out and started cutting what he could to hopefully stop his predator. She laughed crazily and pulled out throwing knives then tried to hit him.

He grunted as one grazed his cheek but he didn't dare stop. He heard movement in the trees as if something was following them from above. He glanced up and saw two figures following as they jumped through the trees. He felt panic fill his heart and he ran faster even though he was limping now from his twisted ankle. He heard the woman behind him scream in terror but he didn't dare look back as he kept going. Knowing the other two would hunt him down and kill him. The two people attacked the woman and ended her then looked for the injured victim.

"At least she's gone. She won't torture the others anymore." The man growled and glanced to the woman beside him who scanned the area.

"I know we are supposed to kill each other... but I feel there is still a code of honor we need to follow." She said as she looked to the dead woman. "Airachnid just enjoyed torturing and making everyone suffer." She muttered bitterly then turned to go after the other but the man gripped her arm to stop her. "Let me go Prowl." She grumbled.

"Leave the other alone, Arcee. He's frightened and injured." He said and she shrugged him off angrily before glaring at him.

"We're all frightened in a way. I have to end his misery though since he's injured." She mumbled and quickly took off. Prowl sighed and ran after her as he clenched his fists. This was so irritating.

A young girl hugged herself and shivered as it started to snow hard and she glanced at the already frozen ground. She didn't have any warm clothes and she was trying to stay alive. The worst part was her tracks would give away her position. She bit her lip as she shivered and looked for food or water. Someone had stolen everything she had while she slept by her fire, even her shoes. They had also destroyed her fire and shelter, but for some reason they kept her alive. As if they wanted her to suffer. She didn't even know anyone in this crazy place.

She couldn't feel her feet and continued to shiver violently. She glanced to the gray sky then at the foot of snow that was now on the ground. She wanted to give up, but refused to and finally made it to the lake as the snow let up. She looked at the ice then grabbed a rock and started hitting the frozen water in hopes of getting through. The thin girl ended up wearing herself out instead and she fought back tears of defeat. She could hear a fight in the distance and she hugged herself as she looked around. Smoke rose from a fire up on a hill and she smiled hopefully. She crossed the frozen lake, not caring if someone saw her in that moment, and made her way to the fire. She looked to the night sky and then to the clearing as she came to it.

A campfire sat by itself as food cooked nearby on a rock. She gripped her stomach and fought the urge to just go to sleep. She looked around then darted out of hiding and sat in front of the fire. She hugged herself and tried to warm her body without jumping into the flames out of desperation. She closed her eyes and smiled weakly as she felt the warmth returning, though her joy was short lived when she heard someone approach. The girl jumped and looked up to see a tall and large man who was carrying wood.

He narrowed his eyes and shoved the wood to the ground then pulled out a dagger. He took a step forward to end her then stopped as he saw how cold and pale she was. He glanced at the snow and saw bloody footprints where she had walked. His expression softened as he pitied her and he slowly lowered the dagger.