Chapter 12: He was not supposed to die that easy!

Start from the beginning

"We had the meeting and it was really hard to hold it. Especially when you have the representative of almost every specie there. The opinions were different, but there is one thing they all agreed to. The punishment for the person who killed all those hunters. They all agreed that the Death sentence would be too kind for the said person. So, they agreed to have the person spend a month with hunters. I mean, the person would have to spend a month in the hunters' lair, but there is one person who will do the torturing part. Pegah Maya Demetre said that she will gladly make the person wish they were dead. Her words, not mine." Sebastian finished speaking and that is when Astrids' dream made sense.

Her wolf was warning her that this would happen which made her worried. The only time when her wolf ever warned her about something was when she was terrified and that does not happen a lot. Then Sebastian asked them about the new information they found.

"Okay, so, we could not find a lot in the books. There were just the same things being written about Dany Rhaegos over and over again. We did not find anything about her family. Appearantly, she was adopted and the track of her and Fate's parents was lost. Fate is her sister. But, her allies... Please don't get mad." Astrid said as she gulped and Sebastian raised an eyebrow as he looked up from his tablet where he was writing the things she said down.

"What did you do?" He asked her completely serious and she gulped once again. Imelda squeezed her hand as if to show her some support and then she took a deep breath in.

"We had to know who her allies were and we found nothing about it in the books, so we paid them a visit." She said and Enfys closed his eyes feeling the anger off of Sebastian and guilt from Astrid. He opened his eyes then and looked at her confused. Why was she feeling guilty?

"Who did you visit?" He asked calmly.

"The Omniscient Sisters." She answered and he closed his eyes as he got up and walked towards the big window. He looked outside and took a deep breath in.

"The one thing I forbade to everyone when I became the King was to visit them ever again and you..." He was talking when Astrid interrupted him.

"We had no choice.. We had to..." This time she was the one who was interrupted by Sebastian's glare.

"I was talking, Astrid... Don't ever again interrupt me. You broke my rule. Don't do it ever again. I am the King and I have to protect this Kingdom which is why I forbade any contact with them." He said and then he looked at Enfys and Gehenna.

"And you two. Why did you let them go? I left you two in charge which means that you were supposed to lead this Kingdom as I was away and yet you let them break my rule. Why did I leave you in charge?" He asked and Enfys opened his mouth to talk but Gehenna interruped him.

"Like they said, they had to go there.... And yes, we know that it was against your rules, but this is the life and death situation we have right now. So, we allowed them to go." She said and he frowned but nodded his head. They had right. They had to do it. He looked at Astrid and told her to continue.

"We found out that they are the ones working with Dany.." She said and he snorted as he looked at her.

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" He asked with sarcasm laced in his voice and then Astrid gulped.

"There is something else.... They told us who is the other person the Goddess has captive. Sebastian, you might want to sit down for this." She said and he looked at her confused, but he listened to her and sat down.

"The Goddess had something she used against the Death himself, he owed her a favor, so he lied to us when we saw him. The person she has captive.... Sebastian, we know him. You know him very well." Astrid said as she looked at Imelda and Enfys and Gehenna. Sebastian looked even more confused now and that is when it clicked in his head. Last time when they saw Death was when his soulmate died.

"No. NO. That can't be." He said as he shook his head and as he looked at the picture of him and Elois on his table. He didn't want to believe it.

"Sebastian, I didn't believe it either, but it is true." She said softly and he shook his head as he looked up at her. And for a second there the old Sebastian was back.

"It can't be. I remember when he died. He... His heart stopped beating, I didn't hear it anymore. I held him. He died in my arms. This can't be true. I watched him burn for the last time." He said and Imelda felt sympathy for the King. It must have been hard to watch your own soulmate die. And yet he still lived on. Imelda can't imagine what she would do if Astrid were to die. She would lose her mind.

"How can we be sure that it was the last time he burned? He was the Phoenix, Sebastian, he wasn't supposed to die that easily." She said and Sebastian looked at her furious now.

"He didn't die easily or did you forget Astrid? He fought for days until he finally fave up. Days! How long would it take for you to give up, huh?" He asked with anger laced in his voice. He hated it when people underestimated his soulmate.

"Sebastian, he is still alive. "She said and he shook his head again and she sighed.

"You still have his ashes, right?" She asked even though she knew that he had them. He nodded his head as he looked at Enfys and Gehenna who were giving him sympathetic looks.

"Open the box then." She said and he slowly got up, went to his safe and unlocked it. He took a deep breath as he took the box out. He brought it to the table and stood above it. He took a deep breath and he opened the box. His eyes flew wide open as he looked at the empty box. He sat on the chair and put his head in his hands. Then he looked up and the tears formed in his eyes. However, he did not let any of them fall down.

"Elois is still alive. The man I have been mourning for the past eleven years." He said while still in shock. Then he looked up at Astrid with murderous look in his eyes and even Imelda shivered. The King may not have his wolf, still, but he was still powerfull and scary.

"Astrid, if this is some kind of sick joke I will rip you all apart. Limb by limb." He said and she shook her head.

"I would never lie about something like this, Sebastian. He was my brother." She said and he nodded his head and then he looked worried. His soulmate has been with the Goddess for the past eleven years. No one knew what he had to go through.

"We have to break the Moon Curse as soon as possible." He said and they nodded their head and then Imelda spoke up to remind them of something.

"You have to remember that you can not break the Curse as long as the Goddess isn't on Earth. If you do it when she is still on the Moon the stones will go back to her and not to their rightfull owner." She said and they nodded their head and then the knock on the doors was heard. Sebastian told the person to come in and then Daetrin opened the doors and came inside. He held many papers in his hands as he smiled at them all.

"Your majesty, the results have finally arrived." He siad and Astrid gulped as he gave the results to Sebastian who gladly took it. He smirked and looked at the rest of them.

"You may go now. I would like to see this alone first." He said and they nodded their heads as they went outside. As she was walking to her bedroom she saw someone in the hallway passing her with a smirk on his face. That someone was Kaleb and that is when Astrid knew that he was the one who made sure that the results would be done as soon as possible. He is the one who wants everyone to know who Astrid is. He is the one who wants her to pay soon.

That is when Astrid knew that the Mad Hybrid was back. However, she had to ignore it now. She has about thirty minutes until Sebastian finds out that she is the one that is guilty. Thirty minutes to find out what Daetrin really is, because he sure as hell isn't a werewolf. His non belief, his red-brownish eyes, his loyalty, his age. There was no way in hell that he was the werewolf, so what the hell was he? And if he wasn't one of the wolves but his family was then there are two questions she needs to find an answer to before she gets arrested. What is he? And who are his real parents?