Chapter 1: I have no family. I have no home.

Human mind truly is the scariest thing of all.

You never really know who the person that is sitting beside you really is. You can never know what they're really thinking about. They could look like an innocent flower, but they could be a serpent on the inside. That's why you should never judge a book by it's cover. That is what Astrid learned a year ago. A year ago, she trusted a little girl she came across of. Astrid thought she was lost and was trying to help her get back to her family. But you know what happened?

Astrid  was kidnapped, by no one else, but parents of that little girl. She watched as the girl smirked in her face. She smirked as she watched her parents take out more silver chains. Soon after that, ten, twenty, fifty and then hundred of hunters came. Astrid could have won against twenty of them, even fifty of them. But she couldn't alone defeat hundred hunters. They laughed in victory as they put silver chains around her and they threw her in the dungeons.

Well, it has been ten years since she left her pack. Ten years since her brother's death. She swore to avenge him, she swore to kill every last hunter. She will clean this world from those who hate everyone that is different, she thought. Humans hate anyone that is not like them. And because of that she hates humans. She will put an end to them once she gets out of there.

She tried to escape, but she can't take of those chains off, otherwise, they will burn her skin really bad. She has killed lots of hunters in the past 10 years. She has cleaned China, Japan, Spain, America, England, Ireland, Turkey and Island from any hunters. And now, she is in Norway. Hunters here are really tough, they don't give up easily, but neither does she. She will not rest until she sees her vision through.

However, there is one person that is being a problem to Astrid. He is standing in her way of finishing what she started and that is the King. The King of all, King of humans and non humans. Humans don't know about him, but humans on top do and they have to listen to him, otherwise bad things happen.

However, she knew this King before. She knew him very well. In fact, he is the soulmate of her deceased brother. But, after her brothers' death, he has never been the same. He is still sitting on the throne, but if he didn't have powerfull and smart people as his Betas or Gammas, he wouldn't be able to lead the world. He is broken. However, let's get back to the fact that Astrid is still chained to the wall, with ripped clothes and with chains still around her wrists and neck. Have I told you the reason as to why is she there? It's because they need answers that only Astrid can provide. Hunters don't hunt only werewolves or vampires.

They hunt everyone and everything: witches, warlocks, goblins, ghouls, vampires, werewolves, demons, kenemas, Phoenixes etc. However, there is one kind that no hunter dared to hunt. Even now, two thousand years later, that kind was feared more than any other. And that kind is:

Aswangs.

No one dared to ever search for them after what happened with family Torgunna. They are the scariest, most ruthless family that there is. The story goes: two thousand years ago, a woman named Emerald Torgunna was sweet and innocent girl. She was destined to one day trigger her powers, it was just a matter of time. And then, a man that was named Elias Dagobert brutally raped her. She was broken, afraid, damaged. However, as soon as she gave birth to the product of that night, her powers appeared and she snapped. She used her power of a vampire to kill the man and she did. At least that is what everyone knows. If it all happened that way is unknown. Aswangs can live for centuries and she did. However, one day she just had to end it all and she killed herself. In the mean time, she moved from Ireland to Norway and she killed many people, she has eaten lots of people and she has died.