Chapter 10: Go on and be the Mad Hybrid!

Two hours have passed since Sebastian told Astrid and the rest to take a break. Astrid couldn't stop thinking about what he said... They opened an investigation in order to catch the one who has been killing hunters. And for the first time in the last eleven years Astrid was afraid. They were close to catching the killer, the criminal. They were close to catching her. She was terrified of the consequences, but it was her fault. She had no right to do what she did and she knew that. She hadn't seen Imelda those whole two hours. She couldn't stop thinking about her, but she had to. There were moments in those two hours where she asked herself if she was supposed to go and talk with her, but he stopped herself from doing so.

She can never catch feelings again. For anyone at all. However, she could not stop thinking about what she had witnessed in the hallway just two hours ago. Imelda wasn't angry or mad. She was furious. Astrid was sure by now that had it not been for the promise that Imelda made to her, she would have killed Kaleb right then and there. However, there was no time to think about the things Imelda made her feel or think. The war was coming and they needed to be ready.

She walked through the hallways of the giant castle and couldn't help herself but think that the Castle looked exactly like those creepy and haunted houses in horror movies humans seemed to enjoy so much. She had to smile to herself as she walked towards the office. Had they known that the stories from scary movies they seemed to enjoy so much were true they would be trully terrified. They had no idea that the monsters, demons and beasts lurking in the shadows were real.

Every single one of them. All the myths, the stories, the legends are real. She opened the door of Sebastian's office and walked inside. Once she looked up she saw the Guard from the earlier. Daetrin was his name, she thinks. She asks if she is interupting anything and once Sebastian invites her in, she closes the doors.

"You know where to get this. Make sure that it arrives at the right place. I need you to make no mistakes on this, Daetrin." He said as he looked the boy directly in the eyes and he nodded his head as he gathered the papers and a box and went outside. She couldn't stop but ask herself what was in that box? And why did she feel like the boy was not who anyone, including him, thought he was?

"Don't we have another meeting today?" She asked confused once she saw Sebastian gathering some papers and putting on his jacket.

"Ohhh, yeah,about that... We won't have anymore meetings. You are the Purple Wolf and the Torgunna can help you do all the research you have to do. Find everything you can about her. Her life story, her aliances, her weaknesses.. Everything. Enfys and Gehenna will be doing my work as long as I am away. If you need anything, ask them. And I made sure that Kaleb would stay away from Torgunna. I don't want any violence in the Royal Grounds as long as I am away. The pack training is every day from six in the morning until 15 o'clock." He said hurriedly and then she raised her eyebrow.

"How long will you be away?" She asked him and he put all of the papers and other boxes in his bag as he gathered everything he needed.

"About three days. It shouldn't take me longer than that. One day to get there. One to have a meeting and one to get back." He said and then he put the last things in his bag as he closed it.

"Wait.. Where are you going? What kind of meeting is this?" She asked confused and he looked up at her.

"The City of the Fallen." He said and she raised an eyebrow. No one knew much about their city. It was the city of the Fallen Angels, where all of them lived together in harmony, without any contact with the human kind.

"I won't question you on that one. But what kind of meeting is this?" She asked confused, not understanding what was going on. What kind of meeting would force him to go to THAT city?