Chapter 12: He was not supposed to die that easy!

Start from the beginning

He wanted so badly to say something, but he said nothing. However, Kaleb will never let himself be manipulated. He will not help Astrid, he will make sure that she pays for what she did. Sure, Kaleb may have been known as the Mad Hybrid before, but he is anything but mad now. They didn't talk at all. None of them. They all had their own concerns and worries. So, after the breakfast was over she went outside and heard some people yelling and grunting in pain, few swords clicks and she walked to the other side of the backyard in order to see what was going on.

Once she had arrived there she saw an enourmous group of people there, training. She looked around and saw the guy from few days ago, Daetrin correcting the poses of few members. Then he told them to continue training. He walked to the swords section and started cleaning some swords. He didn't even seem to realize that Astrid was standing there watching. So, she decided to walk up to him. She was bored, so she wanted to talk with someone. Imelda was busy gathering all the books that had some answers to their questions.

Astrid offered to help, but Imelda said that she can do that alone as well. Astrid was confused. She thought that Imelda would want to be closer to her now that they both know that they are soulmates, but she seemed to want nothing to do with Astrid. That hurt and confused her. However, back to Daetrin... Astrid was confused. She heard from Enfys that he offered to be the Kings' guard, he said that it was honor to be able to serve to the King. What Wolf would want to serve to someone like the King? So, Astrid walked up to him and started talking.

"So.. .What kind of a Wolf are you?" Astrid asked him and he shifted uncomfortably at what she asked him. She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at him closely.

"I haven't shifted yet. They constantly make fun of me because of that." He said and looked at her completely serious. He did not look like he was affected by the fact that he was constantly made fun of. He looked completely void of any emotion.

"I am sure that you will shift soon enough. Fate has big plans for you." She said and he snorted. He looked at her as if he was going to ask her if she was insane.

"Fate? You really believe in all that bullshit?" He asked her and she looked at him confused as she asked him what did he mean by that.

"Do you really believe that there is some Immortal out there looking down at all of us and deciding our Fate? As if someone will tell me when I will shift, what I will do in the future or as if there is someone who will give me my soulmate. As if someone can trick me into believing that. Fate doesn't excist. Soulmates don't excist either. At least not how most of them imagine it to be." He said and took a deep breath in. Astrid nodded her head. So, he was Atheist. A very rare thing for a wolf to be. Little did she know that the boy wished it all to be true, at least then it would make sense. He wished he had a soulmate, but he didn't have one.

"What happened to you so that you stopped believing in all of that?" She asked him and he snorted for the second time now. He put down the sword and took some knives to clean.

"Life happened." He said seriously and then he yelled at some guy who was making a mess.

"So, you are the wolf who took my job, huh?" She asked him as if to lighten up the mood a little bit. She did not know that she will only make it worse.

"With all due respect, lady, but you left this job. And everything that I am now...Everything that I got.... I worked hard to get it. So, you see, I may not like the fact that I am the Late Shifter, but I would rather be called that than the Unloyal, the one that left her own pack." He said as he went back to the training and then she turned around and she saw Sebastian walking out of his car and to the castle.

She gulped and took a deep breath as she started walking towards the Castle as well. She soon walked inside and started walkig towards the office, the room she knew Sebastian would be in. How was she supposed to tell him what they found out? How is she supposed to tell him that his soulmate is still alive and has been all these years? Once she was standing infront of the doors she knocked on them and walked inside. There she saw Imelda, Enfys and Gehenna already sitting there. Kaleb was nowhere to be found. She greeted Sebastian and sat next to Imelda. Sebastian then asked them if they found any new information and they nodded their heads. But, he began talking anyways.