End of the Battle-Not the War - Chapter 9

All for One took most of their attacks or dodged them, marveling at the incredible combination attacks the two rivals managed to pull together.

They moved in perfect synchronization, aware of where the other was at any given point so that they wouldn't crash into one another like they had done against All Might.

Midoriya's power and Bakugou's explosions would prove a deadly weapon against any normal foe. But All for One only took minimal damage with each attack.

"You two work very well with one another," he admitted. "But it's not enough to stop me!"

With that, All for One launched one massive counterattack that would've obliterated the two on contact. However, Midoriya was able to use his Full Cowl to get himself and Bakugou out of the main blast.

They were still blown back by the power from the attack.

Both boys coughed and slowly pushed themselves to their feet, catching their breaths as they observed what little damage they had actually caused against the supervillain.

"I'm tired of this shit!" Bakugou hissed. "What do you say we see who's the bastard behind that mask?!"

Midoriya nodded and charged at the super villain once more, trying for a feint kick, as Bakugou exploded himself forward, faster than he'd ever had before.

He set off an explosion right in front of All for One's face, distracting the villain just long enough to change direction and place a hand on each side of the mask from behind.

Now things change...!

Bakugou set off two enormous explosions right against the sides of All for One's head, the villain screaming as Bakugou leapt back to a safe distance.

Everyone watched, as if in slow motion, as the pieces of the black mask crumbled and fell to the ground.

Slowly, the supervillain's face was revealed to the hero students; warped, pale, and mangled skin, a sunken in nose, and the most obvious feature was no eyes.

Bakugou breathed heavily, a smile on his face as All for One struggled to catch his breath...

"All Might... was the only other one... who could... break my mask..." All for One mumbled between labored breaths.

He glanced between Midoriya and Bakugou, before he suddenly lunged at the blonde, clamping his hand around Bakugou's throat in less than an instant. Bakugou tore and scratched at his hand, but all attempts to ease the pressure were in vain.

"You were All Might's successor..." All for One hissed. "With your strength and skill, and your explosive quirk added, you would be a substantial threat as a hero... but, you're no hero yet, and now you never will be!"

His grip began to tighten, and Bakugou cried out in pain, trying to get any small bit of air back into his lungs.

"NO!" But then, Midoriya lunged forward, using his Shoot Style to send a powerful kick into All for One's wrist, throwing him back and forcing him to drop Bakugou.

Midoriya caught Bakugou, carrying him back a few dozen feet from the villain before returning his gaze to All for One.

"He doesn't have One for All..." Midoriya growled back. Thankfully, the others were too busy fighting the other villains to hear what Deku said next.

"Deku..." Bakugou hissed between coughs. "Don't—"

"I do."

"You?" All for One implied. "But you're weaker than your friend. Aren't you the one who's quirk miraculously manifested before the UA entrance exams?"

Midoriya only nodded as Bakugou crept to his feet.

"Back off," he coughed. "I won't let you kill Deku!"

Midoriya eyed his rival in amazement at his words.

Kacchan...

"If anyone's gonna kill Deku it's gonna be me!"

Wait—what?!

Bakugou grabbed Midoriya's wrists. "Get ready to hit him with everything you've got left," Bakugou hissed as he began swinging Midoriya around, faster and faster.

His arms were screaming from the effort and the pain from his previous blasts, but he had to finish this, before All for One really managed to kill one of them.

Why hasn't he killed us yet...?

They already knew. He was toying with them, learning more about them and their quirks.

But they were about to finish it.

"DIE!" Bakugou screamed, throwing Midoriya, rocketing him towards the supervillain with all the explosions he had left.

Midoriya reeled back, his sleeve tearing apart from the sheer power he was packing behind that fist.

The impact sent shockwaves across the landscape, blowing everyone back, heroes and villains alike.

Green energy crackled around Midoriya, All for One's jaw undoubtedly broken in the attack. All for One went flying back, slamming into one abandoned building as Midoriya collapsed.

Bakugou tried helping Midoriya up, as a familiar laugh rang throughout the debris.

It was as if the number one hero himself was glowing, despite still remaining in his deflated form. He glared down as the super villain stumbled out of the rubble, and all the other pro heroes stepped forward behind them.

"Protect the students!" Principal Nezu ordered.

Right as the heroes lunged, Kurogiri's warps appeared by every villain, who all retreated without any warning. Shigaraki supported All for One, carrying his master towards the warp. Midoriya and Bakugou supported one another, the hero and villain successors sharing a silent glare before the last of the villains disappeared.

Everyone was silent and still for a moment, all catching their breaths and cradling any injuries they had received. Kirishima was the first to break the stillness.

"ALRIGHT!" He and Tetsutetsu shouted in unison. "WE WON! AND WE AREN'T MONSTERS ANYMORE!"

"Monsters?" Aizawa demanded towards Momo and Todoroki.

"I'll explain later," Momo assured.

Did we really win though...? Bakugou couldn't help but wonder.

"Deku," Bakugou muttered, pushing himself weakly away from Midoriya's support. He squeezed his hand against his bloodied side once more, and felt the adrenaline quickly fading, his energy plummeting. His vision began to blur, as his sense of equilibrium vanished.

"Sorry," he sighed with a small smile, as he began to fall to the ground. "And thanks."

He barely saw the green blur rush for him, before everything went dark.

"Kacchan!"

Students and heroes rushed around the crumpled form of the blonde. Momo made temporary bandages for him and many other injured students, as more heroes and ambulances rushed to the scene, the sun rising slowly over the battlefield.