And Then There Was One - Chapter 3

"Where do we go?!" Uraraka asked Asui.

"I bet we could head out to another dorm building?" Asui mumbled. "Or hide in a bedroom?"

"Mine's up ahead!" Uraraka pointed, before hauling Asui through a door.

They slammed it shut, locking it. Uraraka pressed her ear against the wood, but heard no sound.

She shrugged and shook her head, but motioned for Tsu to still keep her voice low.

"I think we lost them," Uraraka whispered.

"But for how long?" Asui countered. "We can't stay here for too long—there's no telling what the others have turned into."

"I know, I know, but we have to play this smart," Uraraka whispered back. "I don't think this is like Fujimi's Zombie Virus or Shinso's Brainwashing, where a big jolt or blast is enough to shock you out of it."

"What if the one who caused it has to somehow turn them back?" Tsuyu mumbled.

"So we find the kid who has the monster quirk," Uraraka nodded.

They got a determined gleam in their eyes, before it was drowned out by fear again. They sensed two figures behind them, and turned slowly to see a red and white bat hanging from the ceiling of the room, and a head poking through the ceiling, green eyes staring at them maniacally.

"Deku...?" Uraraka tried as the ghost floated down through the ceiling, and the bat morphed into the form of Todoroki.

"Run..." Tsuyu whispered calmly. "Run, now!"

The monsters lunged, Todoroki tackling Asui. Uraraka tried touching Izuku to distract him by making him weightless. They only stared at one another for a second, as her hand passed straight through him. He grinned and lunged for her, but Asui's tongue wrapped around him and held him back.

"Go—!" She screamed before Todoroki shrank his fangs into her neck. She shrieked, her body and clothes already changing, but Uraraka had sprinted out of the room before she saw what Tsuyu had become.