He smiled bitterly. "My dad died because of heart attack when I was 12 years old and my mom didn't take it that well. She got so depressed to the point of ignoring me, her child. We're just poor and got no money, so my mom was left untreated. And one day, when it was my father's birthday, she took her own life."

"Oh." I gasped. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay now. It was devastating and painful but I'm okay." he said and I automatically embraced him. I wanted to take his pain away. "You know, after her death, I was placed in an orphanage. And because of my age, they just passed me on different foster homes. Those families who took just used me to get the government allowance allotted for me. All of them just used me for their own benefits. And so when I turned 18, I started to live my own life. Finally, I am of legal age to do so. Until I met your grandfather and he gave me the job. And then I met you."

Then Gorio tucked in the loose strands of my hair into my ear. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. The real best thing."

I cried after hearing that. I didn't know that he's life has been that tough. And that he was used by so many people in the past. And now...now...now...

I am also using him.

"Please don't cry." he said and wiped my tears. He kissed my forehead and cupped my face. He smiled warmly.

"Sorry." I blurted out softly and he just chuckled.

"Hey, Mom, Dad, I brought you guys your favorite flowers. As you can see, I am doing well. Sorry if I only visited you now. I am studying in a university quite far from here so I can only visit you from time to time." he said as he placed the paper flowers on top of the marble tombstones. He touched it softly and sighed. "I miss you both so much."

Then as he knelt down, I saw his shoulders shook and I knew that he was already crying. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he wept. When he calmed down, he looked at me and kissed my hand. He looked at me for a long time.

"Mom, Dad, remember when I told you one day I'll bring my future wife to meet you? Here she is." he said and smiled at me.

Wife?

Then Gorio motioned me to speak as well.

"Hi. My name is Abigail Luiz. Pleasure to meet you." I said and bowed at the stones.

He chuckled. "See? Isn't she lovely?"

I slightly blushed. He kissed my forehead. "I want you both to know that I love this girl so much. And I promise to take good of her. And whatever may happen, I promise that I will never let her go."

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I heard those words and my heart flattered.

"I love you so much, Abby."

***

I woke up feeling a little bit sore. It's been a month now since I started sleeping in this couch but until today, my body is still not yet used to it. Maybe I should really consider buying a sofa bed. I slowly got up and immediately went to do my thing and showered. For this past month, sleeping, cleaning, cooking, watching and reading books has been my routine. Sometimes, I also go out but would go back home right away. I don't like staying outside that much anymore. When I get bored, I'd just call my Pop and bother him all day long. If not Pop, Emz. They would always wonder why I got so many time bothering them and started to question if my husband's treating me well. But I can't tell them the truth. That Gorio hates me. He loathes me. So, I cut the time when I call them just to make it not so obvious.