Office Talk

Onika's POV
January 21, 1999
Las Vegas
5:33pm

I sat in my chair legs folded and arms crossed as I stared at beyonce talk. We had an emergency meeting this morning and to be honest, it was really irrelevant. I looked at Kelly who looked Alicia who was looking at me. Ever since we agreed on the wife swap everything had been awkward. Plus I'm still hurt from Alicia cheating on me with Beyoncé's freaking wife.

"Onika what did I just say?" Beyonce asked. I looked around the room to find everybody staring at me. I mugged them and spoke up.

"Why you pickin on me beyonce damn? I'm not the only one in the room." I said sitting my phone down. Beyoncé looked at me with a stern face and I gave her a nonchalant shrug.

"As I was saying...blah blah blah blah." Was all I heard come from Beyoncé's mouth as I drifted my attention back to my phone looking at my Instagram dms. It's funny how when you single don't nobody be wanting your ass then all of a sudden you get taken and everybody try to talk to you.

My phone went off playing a video from Instagram and I quickly put my phone down and looked up to see beyonce staring at me with folded arms and everyone else staring at me.

"Damn y'all acting like we in class or something. I can use my phone. Beyoncé stop staring at me like that! You know what?" I said grabbing my things getting ready to leave.

"Ok we'll continue this meeting around noon." Beyonce said dismissing everyone.

"Onika what the hell is up with you?" I could hear beyonce rushing up behind me and grabbed me by the elbow. I looked at her and snatched away.

"I'd appreciate if you didn't touch me." I said. She tilted her head to the side and shook her head.

"What's going on over here?" Alicia asked coming up beside me.

"I'm just trying to find out what is wrong with Onika." Beyonce said.

"That's really none of your business. It's not the weekend. And from now on I don't want you talking to her unless it's about work or on the weekend." Alicia said causing me to turn my face up.

"Um excuse me who are you again?" I asked. She looked at me and I looked at her.

"Exactly nobody. You not about to sit up here tryna control who I talk to or what moves I make. I'm a grown as woman I do what the hell I want. Plus you have NO room to speak with yo cheating ass." I said folding my arms.

"But you cheated-

"Beyonce, for the last time! This isn't about what I did so stop bringing it up!" I said rolling my eyes.

"Onika you're a big ass trip-

"I'd appreciate if you guys stopped talking completely and get back to work before I tell." I smiled cutting Alicia off.

"Tell who? I'm your boss." Beyonce said. I looked at her and tilted my head.

"Oh I know. I was talking about her." I smiled pointing at beyonce boss, Amber.

"Onika get to work." Beyonce said walking off shaking her head.

"I said it first!." I huffed walking into my office.

I heard a knock on my door and Kelly appeared. I nodded for her to come in and sat at my desk looking up at her.

"How can I help you Ms. Rowland?" I asked.

"Why you being so formal-

"Why were you sleeping with my wife?" I asked with a sarcastic smile cutting her off.

"Onika you slept with my wife as well." She said. I smiled again.

"Okay but last time I checked you said it was bound to happen. Alicia wasn't bound to cheat on me. Especially with someone like you." I said stacking papers together and stapling them.

"Are you mad cause it wasn't you that I chose?" Kelly asked. I laughed.

"Don't flatter yourself, hoe." I said. Kelly was silent for a minute.

"What brought you to my office?" I asked impatiently.

"Beyoncé. She's actin-

"I don't care." I lied. Beyoncé's been throwing me off a lot lately, in a sexual way. I find my self getting wet with just a single thought or someone mentioning her.

"Beyoncé is none of my concern until the weekend. Get out." I said. Kelly walked closer to my desk.

"Today is Friday. Shes your concern just as Alicia is my concern." Kelly smirked.

"Get the fuck out before I stable your fucking mouth to this damn desk." I said raising the stapler. Her smile quickly disappeared and turned into an evil glare.

"I don't know what it is that you are trying to stop but listen to this. I don't want Beyoncé's ass anymore. You can have her. I'll gladly switch her out for your wife any day." Kelly smiled making my blood boil, and it wasn't because her talking about trading wives, it was the fact that she could diss Beyoncé like she wasn't shit in her book.

"Kelly? You're a bitch." I said. She waved goodbye and I rolled my eyes.

I grabbed my phone texting beyonce.

Me: I'm leaving with you. I'll tell Alicia she can take Kelly home.

I sat my phone down and seconds later it went off.

Bey: I'm sorry were you askin or tellin me? Why are you acting funny?

I left her in read. I said what I said.

I packed my things and Alicia came in.

"I need the keys." She said. I shrugged.

"I don't have them. Now stop talking to me." I mumbled brushing passed her.

Beyoncé's pov

I went down the elevator to the parking garage and hit the unlock button seeing Onika already waiting by the car.

"I didn't agree to this." I said.

"Shut up and help me." She said trying to open the door.

"Well if you utilize the roof of the car you'd have a free hand and wouldn't need any help." I said.

"Talking shit are we? Okay." She said sitting her briefcase down and walked over to me snatching the car keys. I shrugged her off and she put the rest of her things in my car. She got into the drivers seat starting the car up.

"Here she go being difficult." I said to myself. I walked up to the drivers side and tapped on the window. She rolled the window down and titled her shades revealing her brown orbs.

"Im sorry. Do I know you?" She asked. I stood there annoyed.

"Onika get out or crawl over. One or the other." I said. She looks at me and smacked her lips ignoring what I said. I opened the door yanking her out the car and put her in the backseat.

"Beyoncé what the hell you can't do that-

"Shut the hell up and just ride." I said.

I got in the car and looked in the rear view mirror to back out and saw a smirk play over onikas face.

"You know just what the fuck you're doing huh?" I asked.

"Damn right, daddy." She smirked.

____________________________________

Just to say I updated. Next chapter will be better just been really busy. Sorry for any mistakes. And thank you for the votes and comments. 🖤❤️🖤❤️