[E] Blessings, Love, and Support.

Começar do início

Barqat tickles Laila and she begins giggling.

"Oh my Gosh! I'm so sorry I'm late. My stupid Law class professor just wouldn't stop talking." Maheen is currently studying Law as her post-secondary major.

When Laila sees Maheen, she tries pushing him away, signalling at him that she wants to go to Maheen.

Barqat puts Laila down. "Oh? You like your Phupo better than me?" He pouts but Laila ignores him and crawls right onto Maheen's lap making everyone giggle.

"Is our granddaughter not going to see us?" Barqat's father makes sad faces. "Laila! Beta! Come to Dada-jee and Dadi-jee!"

Laila quickly crawls off Maheen's lap and makes her way in between Barqat's mother and father.

Maheen huffs jokingly, "She has no loyalty." Making everyone laugh again.

"Oh, yes. I forgot to mention, Imran, Aamir, Ashley and Inaya will be here shortly as well." Barqat says. "Dunia, my love, can I have a word with you upstairs?"

"I told you it was going to be a party." Eliza mumbles to her mother.

Dunia nods. They excuse themselves from the family and goes upstairs.

• • •

"Are you ready to tell them?" Barqat asks.

"Yes... I think so..." Dunia says.

Barqat wraps his arms around Dunia and rests his chin on top of her head. "I can't believe we created another person." He leans back and caresses Dunia's stomach, which isn't visible yet.

"I hope we're able to raise them to be amazing people, I hope we live up to being parents, I hope we stay happy like this forever. Ameen." Dunia whispers.

Barqat places a finger under her chin and lifts it so she can meet his eyes.

Dunia thinks about how his eyes are just as beautiful as ever. The cool icy shade of his orbs are filled with so much warmth and affection that every time she looks into them, she feels butterflies at the pit of her stomach as if she's looking into them for the first time.

Barqat leans in closer to her lips and says,"This is going to sound cheesy as hell but...every time I see you, I fall in love all over again."

Dunia smiles and begins giggling out of the blue.

"What's so funny?" Barqat asks.

"Aren't you glad that this woman stepped on your $3,000 shoes a few years ago?" Dunia censors the word bitch by using 'woman' as she tries not to laugh too loud.

Barqat intakes a sharp breath, wondering who told her about that, "$3,000—who told y—"

"Aamir, who else?" She bites her lower lip to stifle her laughter.

Barqat makes a face, thinking about how he's going to kill Aamir. However, then he smirks. Suddenly, his voice drops to a low, seductive tone, "Say... Don't you think you still owe me for those shoes, my love?"

"I don't think so." Dunia raises a brow.

Barqat's lips hover over hers as he whispers, "I'm glad you stepped on this idiot's shoes and changed his life forever."