[38] Sacrifice for Love.

"What was your mother like?" She asks, hoping he'd tell her more.

"Just like you. She was amazing, kind, polite, loving. She was everything anyone would want their mothers to be. She was always looking after everyone else. Sometimes she's neglect herself so much, she'd forget to take care of herself for days. Even as a kid, I thought that quality of hers might break her one day and it did..." he continues.

Dunia holds Barqat a little tighter, trying to provide as much comfort as possible. Her own heart is hurting from hearing him talk about his mother like this.

"Even when she found out my father was cheating on her, she took it upon herself to get them together." He says.

Dunia almost gasps because she didn't know that part of the story, "B-but why?" But then she thinks about how she was ready to leave her life behind to bring Barqat some peace, it was kind of understandable.

He sighs, "Because, she knew my father would be happier with the other woman. When I was 8..." he begins.

He's going to tell the story. He's finally going to confide in me... Dunia thinks in her head.

"I caught my father with the woman in my parents room. I was eight-fucking-years-old, Dunia. I wanted to gouge my fucking eyes out. When I told my father, you know what he said? He told me to fucking forget it, asked me if I wanted to go to therapy. What the actual fuck."

"I didn't dare tell my mother because as a child, I thought a fake marriage was as good because at least my parents would still be together. But when they divorced because the bitch gave birth while my fucking parents were married. I asked her why she didn't fight him, she said it was because she loved him, she had to let him go so he could be happier with someone he actually loves."

"She sounds like such a strong woman. To be able to do something that would literally break any other person into pieces." Dunia thinks out loud.

"She was weak, she didn't fight for what was rightfully hers." He says as her looks away from Dunia.

"Her sacrifice didn't get her very far. She died from heart issues when I was 18. The issues came from psychological stress. My father killed her. He did that to her. But then, sometimes, I think about it, and I think my mother did that to herself. If only she fought for her place a little harder, fought for my father, fought for her family."

Dunia sighs, "Barqat... Come, sit." She holds his hand as pulls him away to the bed and they sit on the edge. She places a hand on his cheek as she caresses it.

"Your mother wasn't weak for what she did. I think she's pretty strong for giving up her own love for the happiness of your father. Of course, that sounds stupid to someone listening to the story but think deeper, Barqat." She tries to get through to him, make him understand the situation.

"If she kept her marriage, she would've been even more miserable, knowing your father loves someone else, knowing he's going around her back to meet someone else. It wouldn't be a marriage at that point, it would be torture. It would've felt like she was stuck in a prison at her own home. She had to let go, no matter how much it hurt, she had to physically let him go for her own good, so she wouldn't be stuck in a toxic life."

"Oh, yeah? Why the hell did she die from literal heartbreak?" His voice has a little bit of aggression.

Dunia becomes silent for a moment until she gathers her thoughts, "I guess, even though she let go physically, she was still hurting because didn't let go emotionally. She didn't have someone by her side who would be able to mend her. I'm not saying you didn't help her, I'm saying your father had that woman and she didn't have someone like that. Maybe the loneliness got to her. Or maybe it was just her time to go back to Allah, maybe He called her back."

Dunia didn't sugarcoat anything. She tells Barqat exactly what she thinks and he appreciates it because no one has ever been able to tell him anything the way it is. Everyone thought the truth would make him even more distraught. However, the way Dina explained it to him, he seems to be understanding his mother's side, he's been understanding how she might've felt, what might've gone through her head.

"Dunia... What if when I see Furat I do something that might hurt someone..." Barqat's not sure if Dunia will understand what he's trying to say. He's thinking about how he might hurt Dunia if his feelings about Furat comes out. What is he going to do then?

Dunia bobs her head to the side, "I'll be there to make sure you don't hurt anyone, silly!"

But what if I hurt you? Who's going to make sure of that? But he doesn't voice his concerns out loud. Instead, he kisses her.

He holds her softly, cupping her face with both of his hands. He leans down and gently kisses the tender base of her neck, her soft spot. He knows neck kisses are her weakness because he immediately feels her body loosen in his grip.

Dunia's body stiffens for less than a second with surprise but then she slowly lets herself melt in his arms. Her body trembles into a euphoric warmth, this feeling hugs her whole body. His soft kisses bring her body so much delight that she can feel it spread across her body. She becomes breathless with excitement as he showers her neck with gentle kisses, making sure each kiss leaves its own flicker of warmth. She looks up to see Barqat's face, he draws back to examining her face for a few drifting seconds.

She feels her cheeks heat up and knows that the colour of her face has gone from a warm sand to tomato red. After all this time, she still couldn't keep her blushing cheeks under control when he stares at her. His eyes gazing at her with such affection, his usual icy stone cold orbs look soft with so much tenderness. This time, his eyes have a hint of something else, it's sparking with... hunger.

He places his finger under her chin to tilt her head towards him, and crashes his lips onto hers again. His lips demanding more from hers. The warmth within her body alters to burning heat, not the uncomfortable kind, but the one that makes you want more.

Barqat tightens his grip, crushing her body to his. The group that's gentle yet firm where you won't be able to leave. He presses his lips further into hers, deepening their kiss.

A small moan escapes Dunia's lips as she realizes she wants him, she wants him more than anything in this physical world. If she keeps holding off in fear, she'll never move forward.

"Barqat..." Her voice comes out breathlessly.

Barqat stops, "I'm sor—"

"Take me." She says, making his eyes grow wider. "I want you, Barqat. I need you."

Many things flicker through his eyes: need, affection, lust, hunger. He feels his body set itself on fire with such a few words from Dunia.

He couldn't hold himself back any longer, "I'll make you feel so good, my love. So fucking good that you won't think of any other man except me."

- - -

A/N: ou la la! 😏

Also, sorry for such a super short chapter! I promise I'll try to make the next chapter satisfy some needs. 😉

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!