[31] Flooding His Memories.

A/N: I'm sooooo sorry I didn't post today on time! I had last minute plans early in the morning & didn't have wifi. ☹️ I'll post an extra chapter right after this to make up for not posting on time! 😘

- - -

Dunia can see Barqat's muscles tensed and he has his eyes glued on this girl. She looks familiar... Where have I seen her before...

"Barqat? Barqat Sheikh?" Furat calls out to him.

Barqat's hand forms a fist and he clenches his jaw, trying to not blow up. How dare she tries to talk to me after everything?

But instead of getting angry, his whole world stops moving, everything begins moving in slow motion. His heart begins to beat so loud he's sure it will fall out of his chest. He still has feelings for Furat and seeing her after four years has brought each and every feeling back with double the force.

He quickly intertwines his fingers through Dunia's. Dunia is clearly shocked and trying to put the pieces together.

"Furat." Is all he says. A stern smile on his face.

Dunia's mouth forms a wordless 'O'.

Dunia notices how Furat has the same smooth hair along with her glowing olive skin tone as she had in the picture in Barqat's office. Dunia becomes a little jealous over Furat's beauty.

"My God, I haven't seen you in years!" She says with excitement in her voice. Yeah, because you left me.

Her eyes land on Dunia and her smile becomes wider, "Is she your beautiful bride?"

Instinctively, Barqat wraps an arm around Dunia's waist, pulling her closer. "She is."

Furat extends a hand, "Hi! I'm Furat Hiraj. I was... friends with Barqat back in the day."

Dunia shakes her hand, "Nice to meet you. I'm Dunia." Dunia couldn't help but look at the baby. Babies are her weaknesses. "Oh my gosh, is she your daughter?"

"Yes!" Furat says excitedly.

"How old is she?" Dunia asks as she plays with the giggling baby's hands.

"She's three, her name's Alisha. She's growing up so fast." Furat pouts. "My God, she really likes you!"

"She's so cute! Mash'Allah!" Dunia forgets that this baby is Barqat's most beloved ex's. Furat lets Dunia pick up her daughter and Alisha begins lovingly cooing at Dunia, responding to Dunia's playfulness.

Furat smiles at how well Dunia and her Alisha are getting along, "I'm pretty sure she gets her cuteness from my dear husband." Dunia can see the sparkle and love in Furat's eyes when she mentions her husband.

Dunia's eyes quickly lands on Barqat, who had let her go of her when she began playing with the baby. She can see him clenching and unclenching his jaw as if he's about to blow up.

Barqat can feel his heartbreaking all over again. He can feel his past emotions stir up and being brought up again onto the surface. She was his love, his best friend, his heroine, but she's the one who murdered him. All this time, he was pretending he was over it all, but from one look at her right now, he can tell there's lots of her still left in him. Their love turned to poison and turned him rotten while she got away unscathed.

Barqat's fist is so tight that his palms are sore and burning from his nails digging deep into his palms. I won't let her know I'm still hurting, I won't let her know she still has control over me, I need to focus but this is torture, this is pure torture.