[41] You're Worth Everything.

A/N: the gown she is wearing is attached as the chapter image above! ♥️

Also, sorry for making y'all wait so long! Uni has been KILLING me. 😭😭😭

- - -

"Donatella! What do you think?" Dunia spins around in her red YSL gown, which she paired with a black scarf, black Christian Louboutin pumps, and a black suede YSL clutch.

"My God, Ms. Dunia. You look absolutely stunning!"

There's a dress code for the event because Mr. Hiraj loves being one of those really extra party throwers. The women have to dress in red evening gowns, the fancier the better and men have to dress in black tuxedo.

Barqat had already done the stressful part and gotten Dunia the gown of his choice, pumps, and a clutch. He didn't buy her a hijab because he knew she already owns a million and would have something to match.

"This is a wonderful custom gown! Yves Saint Laurent designers really took into consideration the modest aspect." Donatella claps her hands together in excitement.

Dunia looks at her confused, "Custom? As in it was made for me?"

Donatella nods. "Yes, of course, Ma'am. Sir had this designed just for you."

Dunia knew she's going to regret asking the next question, "And how much do you think this might've cost?"

Donatella thinks about it for a few seconds, "I would say the gown alone would be around $15,000, if you take into account the brand name and the customization."

Dunia gasps, "Why in the world would he—"

"Oh shit. You look absolutely beautiful, gorgeous, sexy! How am I supposed to take you out looking this stunning?" Barqat interrupts her sentence.

Donatella takes her leave to give the couple privacy.

"How much did you spend on this?" Dunia asks.

He wraps his arms around her waist, "Does it matter? It looks breathtaking on you!"

"Barqat! I don't think I'll be able to re-wear this enough times to pay off its worth!" She complains.

"Seeing it on you once is making every cent I spent on it worth it." He leans his forehead against hers. "You're worth everything and more."

"You sure know how to calm a girl down with your smooth ways." Dunia grins.

"I do, don't I?" He smirks and leans closer in. "I know a few other ways to calm you down..."

Dunia places a hand on his chest and firmly pushes him away, "No, I don't think I want to know about your few other ways or else we'll be late."

"No need to ruin the fun!" Barqat almost sounds like a child.

"Let's go, Mister." Dunia grabs his hand and pulls him out of the room, all the way downstairs.

"You two look adorable! Bless you!" Donatella coos. "Here, I'll take a picture of you two."

Dunia hands Donatella her phone. Barqat wraps his arm around her waist and Dunia slightly leans her head against his chest while placing one hand over his chest.

When Dona hands the phone back, Barqat tells her to hand this picture over to their photography section of their company and have them enlarge it to fit over the fireplace.

Donatella claps her hands, "What a wonderful idea! I shall get to it right away!" She quickly leaves to get it done.

"Barqat... uh... I don't think I want an enormous picture of myself hanging up in the most public place of our house..." Dunia says nervously.

"We don't really get visitors other than family and close friends, don't worry. Besides, they should see how much I glow when I'm with you." He grins.

"You're starting to sound too smooth, it's freaking me out." Dunia teases.

"You bring out the best in me. And you bring out other things in me too..." He winks.

Dunia rolls her eyes but couldn't hide her smile, "Oh, come on! Let's go!"

• • •

Dunia places a hand on top of Barqat's, "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"No. Is it too late to go back home?" Barqat says half jokingly.

She caresses his cheek, "You'll be okay, Insh'Allah. I'll be right there to catch you if you fall."

"Role reverses here, I see." He smiles.

"You're saying a woman can't save a man?" Dunia squints her eyes at him.

"You can save me whenever you want, my love." He winks.

"You always have to find a way to make everything uncomfortable." She laughs.

Barqat takes a deep breath and tells James they're ready to go inside.

James opens Barqat's door and takes quick strides to open Dunia's door.

Barqat gives a hand to Dunia as she is exiting the car. She looks at the entrance with shock. There's a whole red carpet going down the middle towards the entrance door. On the side, it's barricaded with low fences with paparazzi behind it.

She wraps her arm around his arm nervously. "Uh... you didn't tell me this was going to be a whole media thing..."

"I thought it was going to be obvious?" Barqat raises a brow at her. But when he looks at her, he can see she's absolutely terrified. "Hey..." He grazes her cheek with his finger, "You'll be fine, my love. Just hold onto me and I'll lead you inside as quickly as possible."

Dunia nods and her grip around his arm tightens a bit from anxiety.

As Barqat promised, he led her through the cameras as swiftly but quickly as possible. The second they're inside and away from the huge crowd, Dunia feels like she can breathe.

"Thank you." She says, smiling at him.

"For what?" He asks.

"For helping me not get a panic attack out there. I have a tendency to feel a little light headed when there's too much pressure." She says.

"Oh, I wasn't aware of this. How come you never told me?" He frowns at her.

"We were never in a situation like this. It never came up. I'm fine, don't worry." She reassures him by giving his hand a light squeeze.

He nods. "Let me know if you don't feel well."

"I will. Now, stop worrying about me!" Dunia places a quick kiss on his cheek.

"We could really just go home and do something else." Barqat smirks.

"Don't make me scold you in public." Dunia tries to hide her grin.

"Ah, see. You're in the mood for something else." He winks.

"Barqat Shei—" Dunia is interrupted.

"Mister and Missus Sheikh! Welcome!" A deep male voice says to them.

Dunia notices Barqat's teeth grind together and his hand forming into a tight fist.

"You must be the famous Dunia Sheikh, Mr. Adnaan Sheikh's very famous daughter-in-law." He smiles wide.

Dunia smiles back at him politely, "Yes, that would be me."

"Mr. Adnaan Sheikh has told me so much good things about you and Mr. Barqat Sheikh. I'm so glad I finally get to meet you." The man says.

Dunia couldn't help but notice that the man isn't unattractive. Actually, he's very pleasing to the eye. He looks like a younger Shahid Kapoor is all Dunia can describe him as.

"I really forgot to introduce myself, didn't I?" He makes an embarrassed face. "My name's Hashem, Hashem Hiraj."

- - -

A/N: If anyone's wondering, I would imagine Hashem as a younger Shahid Kapoor, if you can't already tell, lol!

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!