Unforgivin'

I never understood how you can go 1 second without remembering you're life. I've seen kids never miss a day of school, because they want to forget. I was one of those kids. But, unlike others, I've never been able to do so.

He seem so much like a saint, now I wish I just kept my love to myself. It was my senior year of high school, when my life began to topple. My mama had started doing drugs, and since my dad had bailed out on me, I was alone most of the time. My mama never cooked, and spent the money recklessly. I had to learn to cook from watching my grandmother whenever I saw her, and start going with her when she gets her checks cashed to snatch a couple 100s for food. The only bill in the house we could afford was water. I had just got in a breakup with my ex who was fucking my best friend, I cried like hell to that because he knew my situation but didn't care.

He came to me when I desperately needed a savior. "You're looking beautiful as always," he'd say with that unforgiving smile. I would sit next to him and always reply "whatever." He was always nice to me, and complimented my smile, or the way I walk and talk. More into the year we earned the title "best friends." The day of graduation, he asked me if I wanted to hang with him at the park before we part ways, and I told him yes.

My mother had got a boyfriend who was there almost all of the time. She didn't come to the graduation, because the day before she had an asthma attack and ended up in the hospital. I walked in the house to find him sitting on the couch. I asked him why he was there when she's gone and he tells me to see me so I automatically felt weird. I decide to just leave and come back and he grabs my arm, but I never seen him move. He tried pulling me to the couch so I scream and I assume nobody heard me. He struggles but gets me on the couch turned up with my face in the couch. He held me down and touched me in a place I never even let anyone see. Would you believe my mama walked in and accused me of seducing him?

I put my clothes back on while we argued. I ran out the house with a face full of tears and hopped in the car. I was going 90 on a 35 mile road to the hospital. To my disappointment, I made it without dying. I got checked out, and was still clean. I called Nick, my best friend, and told him I wanted to hang now. I tried to fake an okay voice, but failed. It was 11 at night, and he knew something was up, so he got up.

He goes to the car and sees my head on the steering wheel. He told me to come in the house, so I did without question. He asked was was going on when we got to his room. I told him in one word. He held me for a long time before telling me to take a bath and I could sleep there that night.

I woke up to him staring at me and gently rubbing my cheek with his finger. He made me breakfast, and cuddled with me watching movies. I've never felt so wanted. He was so warm and fuzzy. His family and I played fun games of UNO, and his mom took me shopping. Even through his gentle care, I was never able to forget wat happened.

I decided to go home, and see how it was going. His mom offered to take me, in case of emergencies. She stay outside when I went in. My mom was drinking liquor and laying on the couch while her once boyfriend lie on the floor with a knife in his back. I screamed and Nick's mom came running. She called the police, and told me she had a good lawyer that can prove that she was saving me, if I actually went to the hospital.

My mom went to jail for having illegal drugs, but they sliced some years off for killing him as self defense, but she only went for 5 years. It was my last month here before I leave, and I was staying with Nick's family.

One day we were laying in the backyard on the trampoline. He rolled over to put his arm around me, and told something I'll remember forever.

"I love you."

I found the best mistake I ever made, and found myself saving my love for him....

A/N: This is my first story. Plz feel free to constructive criticize! Tell me what you like about it or don't. Thanks for reading!!!💖💕