Chapter 2

Chapter 2! Enjoy! 

Video: "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic

The picture above is Miko. He's got quite an artsy style, but if I'm being honest, all four of them do. The pictures below are of Pia and Roan. They're meant to be loose outlines. Imagine Roan a little younger and Pia a little older. Their hair is black but looks purple/green.

Ain't they cute? 

Go on, go read.

________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm home!" I call as I bang open the door of our tiny apartment. Pia and Roan look up from their play fighting and run over to hug me. "Lala!" they cry. Miko has obviously done something to make them stop arguing. I'm impressed.

 I'm impressed

	Miko leans against the doorframe of Mom's room

Miko leans against the doorframe of Mom's room. "Hey, Lana." His voice is exhausted. His bouncy blue-black hair is slightly messed up like he was playing with the twins.

I set my bags down on the kitchen counter and start taking food items out. "How's Mom?"

Miko crosses the hall to help me. "Better than usual, She ate some soup, and even played with Pia and Roan for a bit."

"Wow!" My mom has always been sick. I have memories of when I was two of my mom lying in bed, extremely weak after having Miko a couple months prior. I don't remember a time when she wasn't ill.

When my dad died, I was twelve, not even a teenager. My mom was extra sick with grief, and while Miko tried to help, he was only ten. The twins don't even remember Dad. They were only two.

So twelve-year-old me had to earn money, take care of my siblings and mother, and keep my family out of sight.

It got easier, but my siblings realized fast that things were different. I remember coming home one night with barely enough food for two days and expecting Pia and Roan, who were two at the time, to complain.

But they didn't. They just ate their meager servings and went to bed. After I tucked them in, I left and was about to get into bed myself when I heard their horrible attempts at whispers through the wall.