Sunlight

I knew I could walk out of the church, go to Phasma, stay with her and then head to the village. I'd continue on with life, and I'd be sad, but I'd be okay.

That wasn't the most I could do though.

I asked "Do you want me to show you where his pack is? We can slip out into the woods and nobody will notice us gone."

"I can't carry him and I'm not letting you carry him. Just quit trying to make things better."

I asked "Can you just give me another chance? Please, Rey."

"You don't get lucky twice, Kylo," she sighed. "I just don't know. Just leave me alone please."

I walked up to her and cried "I'm trying. I love you. I need you. Please just give me another chance I can make things better."

"No, I don't want this anymore. Just leave. Hurry because people will be after you."

I closed my eyes and walked out of the church. I ran all the way to Phasma's and cried as hard as I could possibly cry outside of her door. I fell asleep outside.

Sleep.

I forgot what human sleep was like.

It was nice.

I woke up inside, laying on a bed. I looked around and sighed. Phasma knocked on the door and then walked in. She approached me and said "I see, no Rey. That is why we think things through."

I rolled over away from her and asked "Why are you so mean to me?"

"Out of bed, now Kylo," she sighed. I rolled over and looked at her.

"No."

"Kylo, come on. You are not stubborn like this. Now I know I've rubbed off too much 21st century angsty teen on to you, but this is not okay."

I got up and looked at her. She asked "Do you want to try again?"

I nodded and she asked "Well we can talk about that while I clean up your face."

She ended up sewing up my face, while we talked about me getting with my Knights to take our queen back once and for all. We'd all drink the potion, and go to Rey, where ever she'd be. Of course I'd be the one to bite her. I know it would upset her though, and I feel terrible about it, but it's necessary. I'm not saying it's okay, just a necessary evil.

I felt my stomach become uneasy. I smiled at Phasma and asked "Is the sun rising?"

She peeked out of the window and. "I guess so," she mumbled.

"So I'm going to turn back soon?"

"You can drink the stuff whenever you need to."

I broke one of my front teeth loose, and sat it off to the side. A fang started growing in its place. This time Phasma got me a bucket to throw up in. It was pretty painful changing back. It was the feeling of loosing all warmth, lossing a heart beat, and gaining immortality once more.

What a beautiful thing.