Never Again

"Of course it is."

A staircase opened up in front of us. He extended his hand and said "Go ahead."

I started walking down the staircase and Kylo followed behind me. I mumbled "I can't see anything."

I felt his hand hold on to my back. "You're doing just fine. Just keep walking."

I eventually came to a door and felt around on it till I found a doorknob. I opened the door and saw a nice living area. Kylo smiled and said "You loved this place during storms and vampire hunts. It was always safe for us. We'd spend the whole night dancing, and stay awake part of the morning. Nobody could get us here."

I looked around the room and asked "Why are there so many sculls?"

He picked one up. "You had a thing for keeping the sculls of your victems. I never understood why," he said, turning to me and placing it in my hands. I immediately put it back on the shelf and said "That is absolutely disturbing."

He sighed "It's okay if you feel that way now. That's what being human does to you. I'm sure you'll ask me to fix you eventually, but I only will if you're completely sure. I'd never want to hurt you."

He hugged me and whispered "And I'll make sure no one else does. Nobody will ever hurt you."

I hugged him back and asked "Why are you so over protective?"

"I have to be," he responded in a quiet tone, "It's a beautiful pain. I will always protect you, like a knight's queen. It's a burden I accepted when I wed you. I know you don't remember it, but I remember every detail. I promised that I'd bring you everything you needed, and never let anyone touch you and roam the night at your side. Oh how I felt like I failed, everyday, but now you're here. I'll never let you ago, never again."

He then kissed me. His lips were so creamy. I pulled away and asked "What was that for?"

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have," he responded.

"It's okay actually. I liked it. I shouldn't have though, it's a sin. Actually multiple sins."

"Rey, let go of your religion. Think it over. Just think about some parts of what don't make sense of it to you and let it go. I can promise it will help you if you become a vampire. You'll be unstoppable in the night, unless fire is involved. Also counting grain. It's harder than you think to be like this, even if it is beautiful."

I asked "What if I don't want to?"

"Well then I guess you'll live, and then die. Just like every other human," he sighed, "And I'll have to live with knowing you're dead."

I held on to him and said "I'll think about this all."

I felt his fingers run over my back. We just stood there, with me in his arms. It was quite weird, but I knew it maxed him feel happy. He started crying and whispered "I want to have you forever. I need to hold on to you. You're my only relief."