A Day Where Something Bad Happens Pt. 2

I laughed to myself and said "Dumb excuses. I hope you know that I don't kill for the joy of it. That would be like you humans chopping the heads off of pigs just because it's funny. I guess you all are just mad because you're not at the top anymore. Just go please, because now you know. I promise Rey won't be harmed."

Dumb humans didn't attack in the beginning, but attack now. They don't have brains before they're dead, seriously. You actually would think they'd be smart, but not really.

They lit tourches and ended up cornering me. I had a knife to my neck. At that point I actually felt scared. I then remembered I could shape shift, so I turned into a bat. I hated doing this, it's so uncomfortable to shape shift, but it's good for when you have to get out of a situation quickly. I ended up going to a small vampire village. I turned back into my normal human form and ran into safety.

The people ran up to me as soon as I got in. I was took to one of the medics to get checked out. Small children came during the night to give me gifts.  It seemed like every fifteen minutes one would come running with a blood pudding of some sort or warm, human blood.

I had no clue where they got the fresh blood. Their parents must have went hunting, which was odd, considering that the nearest humans were miles away. I knew I was important to them,  as I am many villages I protect.

I noticed the sun start to rise. All the windows were covered with layers of thick curtains. I assumed everyone in the village did this. The quiet, warmth of so many of my own kind provided comfort. The kind I hadn't had in years.

The exact kind that I got when I was able to hold on to Rey in the mornings. The best kind in my opinion. The quality of sleep is much better when there's more than one vampire near. We're not exactly solitary, but some of us remain alone for personal reasons.

The next night I was awoke by the laughing of children. My window was opened, so I looked outside of it. They children were running around outside playing. I smiled and they looked back at me. Some of them waved and others cheered. Ah children, so innocent, cheering for their heroes.

I waved back at them and one of them to another. That led to one running up to the window.

"Hello there Kylo Ren sir, I was just waiting to thank you for protecting the village from the humans. We were kind of just wondering is is true that Rey is really alive?"

They all just stared in response from behind the little girl. I smiled and said "Why don't you go get your friends and I'll tell you the whole story."

They ended up gathering at the of my bed and I asked "Well who told you about Rey?"

Of course it was the parents. Word travels fast. I sighed "Well let me tell you how I found her. I had just fed off a village, because I was starving and you know it was the perfect night just to have a free human buffet. I had found her in one of the town's hiding spots. I drank everyone but her. I then let her run until she got tired and fell over a long. I then found her in the mud and picked her up, and brought her back to my place so I could clean her up. She stayed with me, and I ended up telling her the truth. I did everything for her, but she still didn't love me. I love her though, and soon I plan on making her to be like us. Well the towns people got me before I could turn Rey, and they had knives and fire, but I got away. I know you don't like shape shifting, but in moments where you can no longer stand your ground, you may have to shape shift."

They all just stared at me and one asked "Do you miss Rey?"

"I do, very much, but now that I have her in a human form, things have been much better. I won't have to miss her for much longer though."

After that I heard one of the mothers calling. I looked at the children and said "You should go now."