Angry Touch

Wood

I will goddamn explode any minute now as I am pacing in the Thing. No one is talking not even Tor but we all look at Tamie. I look at Tamie too and I am goddamn confused.

"You should have told me," I growl.

"You were going to kill him," she utters. "There were people watching."

"I would have taken care of it, Tamie! All of it!"

She jumps up at my voice and I regret it instantly. But just the thought that this was more than a stupid frat boy hitting on her and that she was in danger all that time, makes me furious.

"I promised you, Tamie," I soften my voice. "I promised that I will take care of you and that I will protect you. That's the first fucking thing I told you."

"I know," she lowers her head. "I am sorry. I thought..."

"You thought wrong!" Tor says simply. "Tanya was almost killed or whatever and you could have been in danger as well."

Tears run down her cheeks and I look menacingly at Tor. She is making her feel responsible for things she is not fully responsible for and I will gut him if he keeps making her cry.

"Spare me your dagger looks, Wood," Tor dismisses me. "I thought you were a soldier. A soldier would have secured this. When you reported to me about that night, you gave me the impression that you had it controlled. I guess you were just in a hurry to get into her pants."

"Shut your mouth!" I take a step to him.

"Sit the fuck down!" Tor gets up.

Tor is not the biggest nor the meanest amongst us. He trains and works out every day but he is not as buff. He is a good fighter but not as good as some others. But there is an authority in the way he carries himself. He is a King, born and bred, a true leader and none of us even thinks of questioning him. I don't sit down but I do stop my advance.

"Din jävla idiot! What done is done. I am used to your fucking Valkyries screwing things up and putting the club in danger," Tor resumes his seat. "Skit, you all go full on retard on me when a girl catches your eye. Tamie," he demands my girl's attention and I stand right behind her chair.

"Yes?"

"Anything that can help us?"

Tamie shakes her head.

"Freddie and his men are all I have ever seen aside from the clients. And they are all," she pauses looking at Rage that is a volcano ready to explode. "They are all dead."

"Well, there were more as it seems. Leave the room, Tamie," Tor orders.

I don't appreciate him taking that tone with my girl and I let him know with a warning growl that he dismisses with a fake smile. I take Tamie's hand and I guide her outside.

"Go straight to my room, kitten. Lock the door and wait for me, OK?"

Tamie nods obediently. That alone is enough to make me want to take her to my room and have her, possess her, make sure she is here, mine, all of her. But I need to protect her first. I lean and give a kiss on her hair and I watch as she vanishes down the hall.

"There is something wrong," Tor says as I take my seat.

"Sure is," Vince says. "Someone is coming after our girls."

"No, there is something seriously wrong and rotten here," Tor runs his fingers through his hair. "How the hell did they know we had Tamie?"

"Maybe I fucked up in Austin," I take full responsibility.