SPECIAL CHAPTER

Special Chapter Two;;- The Setting Sun's Light

THIS TAKES PLACE SEVERAL YEARS IN THE FUTURE OF THIS STORY AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED PART OF THE CURRENT CANON.

The sun was setting. The house was quiet, save for the homely sounds of life. The soft music that played over Bluetooth speakers and the even softer humming that accompanied it. Almost inaudible footsteps that padded over the tiled kitchen floors and the sharp chop of the knife as it cut through its target and struck the cutting board. Golden rays drifted through the curtains, highlighting the lazily floating dust as it swirled through the air.

These quiet evenings were what Tamaki lived for. They were definitely his favorite part of the day.

When both [name] and Tamaki were off work and the entire world felt like it was slowing down, they could go home and rest, relax in the presence of each other as the world drifted off to sleep. [name] would cook dinner and Tamaki would offer his help several times, but [name] always refused.

So, he would just admire her.

The way the gentle sunlight touch her face; her eyelashes sending spider leg shadows down her cheeks, the [light/dark] [eye color] of her eyes melting and reflecting off the flecks in her pools that she must have stolen from the sun itself. The deep color turned almost transparent in the sun's warm gaze, glinting off the subtler colors underneath. Tamaki was a firm believer that [name] had never had any imperfections to begin with, but the sun's soft glow smoothed the bumps in her skin and the ridges of her face.

The way she moved never failed to amaze Tamaki. Lithely floating across the kitchen floor, fingers dancing gracefully on the utensils, hands moving precisely across the counters. The apron she always wore was never dirty, wearing it more out of habit than of its actual intended use.

She usually tied her hair back in the kitchen at work, but at home she didn't bother. Instead, the [long/short] strands created curtains over the sides of her face, concealing her face from every direction accept the front. She puckered her lips and blew a piece of hair away from her face. The strand settled back into the same place again and, vaguely irritated, [name] tucked it behind her ear. It was messy, and a lot of individual hairs floated away from her head, but god Tamaki didn't care about that.

Every time he saw her, it felt like the world was complete again. Like everyone who was suffering was happy again. When she smiled, his universe would turn upside down and shake him violently, like a bully shaking out pocket change. But the only thing that fell out of his pocket was his heart, and directly into her hands.

Tamaki, unable to help himself, slid off of his seat at the breakfast bar across from where she was currently cooking. Stepping behind [name], he snaked his arms around her waist and set his forehead against her shoulder.

"What? Are you pouting because I won't let you help?" [name] asked teasingly, setting down the knife with a small laugh.

Only a noise of disagreement was heard and Tamaki tightened his grip around her waist, pulling [name] closer to him. "Y-You're so pretty..," He murmured. She wiped her hands on her apron, put the knife down, and threaded her fingers through his hair.

[name] laughed lightly again; years of being together and he still hid his face and stuttered over compliments. "Thank you, Tamaki, but I'm hungry. Can we have dinner first?"

a/n: i fucking live for cute lil domestic scenes like this okay i'm not sorry. obviously this is many years into the future or whatever, i'm sure you figured that out