ch. 13

Chapter Thirteen;;- Blast from the Past [part 1/2]

It was embarrassing, really, how little control [name] had over herself when she wasn't paying attention. Her hands moved by themselves, her feet strolled along their own path, her eyes wandered to whatever interested them; just because she allowed her mind to go off on its own.

There hadn't been much reasoning for the early let out, rumors had already spread like wildfire across the student body though. Supposedly there was a staff issue, which with reasoning as vague as that, left a lot of room for the students' imagination. Irregardless for the exact cause, [name]'s school had let out at 11 o'clock, and once [name] had gotten home, her thoughts decided to take their own course and... well, she was left in this situation.

In front of her was a large bento, big enough for perhaps two people. She wasn't kidding when she said that her body did what it wanted-- she was barely aware of what was happening. All [name] knew was that she was bored. Now, with an admittedly cute bento, she wasn't really sure what to do with it.

Her younger brother always got mad when she showed up at his school, and giving him a bento would probably mortify him and shake his image of the infallible "cool guy" that he claimed to have. She always packed one for her father-- two sometimes, if he was taking longer shifts and might stay past dinner. None of [name]'s classmates were very close to her, and they were out of school anyway, so what would be the point of giving it to one of them? That didn't leave very many other people except--

[surname] [name]:
are you still in school?

11:56 a.m.

Amajiki Tamaki
Yes?
11:57 a.m.

[surname] [name]
are you at lunch?

11:57 a.m.

Amajiki Tamaki
We go to lunch in 20 minutes...
11:58 a.m.

[surname] [name]
are you texting during class? (゚o゚) how naughty amajiki-kun...

11:58 a.m.

[surname] [name]
I'll be there in 20 minutes

11:58 a.m.

She ignored his subsequent two texts, the first denying her accusation and the second asking why she was coming, answering both with a winking face. Pocketing her phone and wrapping the bento in a polka-dotted blue cloth, [name] boarded the train. Her phone didn't stay in her pocket long, because she ended up having to google what station she got off at to get to Yuuei.

With the newfound knowledge of where to go, [name] got off at the correct train station. True to her word, it had been twenty minutes when she stopped in front of the building. It was large and shaped like an H from every angle with glass panes covering most of the walls. It was humongous, [name] realized, feeling very small when she stood outside of the gate.

She was well aware of what would happen if she tried to go in without a school ID (the scandal with the media at the beginning of the school year was huge), so instead of just walking right in, [name] texted Amajiki.

[surname] [name]come get me, i'm at the front gate (^v^)12: 19 p.m.

Amajiki sent back another text, confusion clear despite only being the written word, but in a few minutes, he came walking out of the front doors. He met [name] at the front gate and let her in with his ID. "W-What are you doing here?" He asked.