ch. 7

Chapter Seven;- Sunfeeder

As another long day drew to a close, [name] exited Fantasia, exhaustion evident on her face and in her body. She never enjoyed taking the later shifts, but Fantasia wasn't doing too well on staff these days, so out of her love for the restaurant and everyone involved in it, she would throw herself on that sword.

It wasn't too late, but the sun was getting pretty low. Pink and orange highlights streaked the sky, but the moon had yet to make its appearance. Despite the exhaustion that laced her limbs, she smiled. If she hurried, she could might be able to see Amajiki on the job again! She always liked seeing him in action. He seemed bolder.

She listened for any commotion, if there happened to be a villain or something, but to her dismay, there wasn't. Resigned, [name] ended up just taking a detour to the train station and hoped she would see him along the way.

Well, whatever God exists must have heard her thoughts, because she wasn't halfway there when she saw the hard to miss figure of Fat Gum and the easier to miss figure of Amajiki next to him. They were in uniform still, which indicated to [name] that they were still on duty.

Grinning, she strolled up to them. "Look, it's Suneater! My favorite hero!" She exclaimed, casually setting her pace to walk beside them.

"[s]-[surname]-san!" Amajiki said, somehow quiet but surprised. A blush rose on his cheeks, partially hidden behind his mask. He tugged on his hood timidly.

Catching this from the corner of his eye, Fat Gum smiled. Much like Mirio, he enjoyed seeing the shy boy's social circle expand. He didn't know much about his life outside of school and the internship, but it wasn't a surprise to Fat Gum that Amajiki wasn't too good at making friends. However, it seemed that this new girl's personality had been hand tailored for Amajiki. Fat Gum fell back, letting the two walk together alone.

This went unnoticed by the two teenagers, instead [name] began chatting casually. "So, how's internship going today? Beat up any villains? Arrest any bad guys? Do anything cool?" She didn't really seem to care if he answered or not, just content to have him beside her.

"It's been fine," he answered vaguely, directing his eyes anywhere but hers. Eager to get the attention off of him, he pointed the question back at her. "How's Fantasia?"

[name] sensed he was uncomfortable with the spotlight on him and accepted his change of topic. "It's been good! Tsuki, the waitress who served you and your friend, was totally sick but she's better now, so we've been less shorthanded. Still, we have way too few wait staff and it makes it awful hard to keep the restaurant running smoothly, you know?" She asked rhetorically. She stopped for a moment, looking over at Amajiki's costume.

He felt like an ant under a magnifying glass once he noticed her gaze on him. "W-What..?" He asked nervously, his previously neutral expression morphing into a frown.

She shook her head. "Nothing, I just... I don't get to see you in costume a lot, do I?" She asked, smiling. "I like it, Suneater~"

Amajiki tugged the hood over his face farther, blushing profusely. He stopped when he heard a light laugh from the girl next to him. He self-consciously peeked back out from under the white fabric at her face, making a small noise of confusion.

She waved her hands, still giggling a little. "Sorry, I'm not laughing at you," She assured him. "You're just Suneater, right so does that make me Sunfeeder?" [name] asked, beaming.

A tiny smile found it's way to Amajiki's face. "Yeah, I suppose so," he answered, letting go of his hood. The breeze went ahead and removed it, tousling both of the teenager's hair in their private peaceful moment.

[name] happy to see Amajiki's smile for the second time since she met, couldn't help smile even wider.

a/n: role credits