ch. 19

Chapter Nineteen;;- Close Your Eyes

Once again, Fantasia was short on wait staff. It was awkward and exhausting, leaving the kitchen and running back in as quickly as possible to make sure that customers were happy and that food would come out quickly. [name] wasn't great at helping customers to begin with, since she had never been good with people. It only made the bouncing around even more tiring.

She was more than happy when the the last person from her section of tables had left, sitting down on one of the booths she had just cleaned with a happy sigh. [name]'s legs were already getting the familiar ache in them, her back aching from carrying trays around and her head throbbing. She thanked all the powers above that the restaurant was getting less busy.

Another one of Fantasia's chefs, Okada Shosuke, poked his head out from the kitchen. "Oi, [name]," He said, catching her attention. "Change the channel to a news station."

[name] raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"'pparently something big's goin' on." Shosuke shrugged. "I'unno, Tsuki called and told 's to check it out or somethin'. I didn't listen to most of what she said."

She rolled her eyes. Shosuke had never been a very good listener, so why would Tsuki choose to call him of everyone working? [name] went behind the counter and found the remote, clicking the right buttons to turn the station to the news.

A scene of absolute carnage showed on the screen. Apparently the heroes had destroyed a yakuza boss's house in an attempt to rescue a young girl and stop the quirk cancelling drug from being created. The headline rolling across the bottom was in all caps, and [name] didn't really listen to the reporter, her eyes instead narrowing in on the names of the heroes that had been involved. Just as she noticed the words she was dreading, the announcer's rich voice spoke the exact phrase that made her blood grow cold.

"Several of the heroes involved were injured, including Yuuei students that were interning at Sir Nighteye and Fatgum's offices."

[name] turned the television off suddenly, earning Shosuke's confused glance over. She looked up quickly, almost shocking the usual lethargic chef in front of her, slamming her hands on the counter. Immediately, she began shedding her chef's jacket, leaving her in the undershirt she wore under it. She untied her apron and hung it up with her jacket inside the kitchen, Shosuke watching her in bewilderment all the while. "I'll leave Fantasia to you, Shosuke. I've got to go."

And she left, leaving a very puzzled Shosuke behind.

It didn't take long for [name] to get to the hospital from Fantasia, running at full speed for as long as she could. Sure, she didn't have great endurance, but she was being fueled by something else entirely. When she entered the hospital, she paused to get her breath back, finally going up to the counter when she could speak again. "Is it possible that I could visit my friend?"

"Sure, hon, you got a little bit of time left before visitors' hours ends. What's their name?" The receptionist's calm voice was probably intended to help [name] calm down as well.

"Amajiki Tamaki."

The receptionist cringed. "Oh, darn, I'm sorry. He's one of the guys from that big fight, right?" When [name] nodded, the receptionist shook her head. "They're not allowed to have visitors right now."

[name]'s entire spirit deflated. Of course she could come back tomorrow, but she was so damn worried. How bad was it all.

"It's alright, she can come," A voice behind her spoke up. She turned to see a tall man with fluffy short hair.

The receptionist looked conflicted. "Are you sure, Mr. Fatgum?"

"Heh? Fatgum?" [name] looked over at the man in confusion.