Lena and James

"I can't stay here anymore, after all my mother and brother have done, I will never be seen as anything more than a Luthor." Lena said bitterly.

"Hey don't say that, you've done so much for this city, people will see that." James said trying to comfort her.

"It's been two years, of people can't see that I'm not a monster, they never will. I want to leave this planet, Monel says he knows planets that welcome humans. And I want you come with me. But not as my boyfriend."

"Are proposing?" James said with a smile.

"Maybe." Lena said stepping closer to him.

"Well, I was gonna propose to you too, I've been carrying a ring around in my pocket for three months."

"So thats a yes then?" Lena asked smiling.

"Yes I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." James said.

~the next day~

"So we called you all here for a reason..." Lena said to her friends, they were having a party at Kara and Monel's apartment.

"We're engaged!" James said.  Everyone jumped to their feet and huddled around them to see the ring and congratulate them.

"I owe John 10 bucks, I thought Monel was going to propose first." Alex said.

"Oh have I not done that yet?" Monel said.

"Um no I don't think so." Kara said looking at him.

"Hm." Monel said, Kara wrapped her arms around Monel's waist, He put his arm around her and rested his head on hers.

"There's one more thing." Lena said. "James and I are leaving Earth. Monel, you told us about planets are like Earth, we were wondering if you could takes us to one." 

"You want to leave?" Kara asked.

"Yes. I want to go somewhere were I can live with out what my family did holding me down." Lena said.

"I understand. And yes, I would be happy to take you, I know just the place." Monel answered

"Kara can I talk to you for a second?" Lena asked.

"Of course." 

"Are you upset with me?"

"What Lena no of course not, I made a similar choice to go to Argo remember? I'm just gonna miss my two best friends." Kara said.

~After the party~

"What am I gonna do." Kara said to Monel while they were cleaning. "everyone is leaving. John wants to go back to mars, Winn is in the future, and now James and Lena are leaving? I won't get to see their wedding, their kids. No more lunch dates at Catco with Lena, no more crime fighting with James. I'm losing everyone." 

"It might feel like that now, but new people will come into your life." Monel said.

"I don't want new. I don't like change. At all, you know this." Kara said sitting heavily in a chair. Monel smiled and kneeled down in front of her. 

"You are the best friend ever you know that right?" Monel said. Kara scoffed.

"Hey I mean that. Who else would support their best friends when their leaving to another planet or time." Kara smiled. 

"Say more nice things." she said. Monel got up and wrapped his arms around kara from behind the chair. 

"You are the best person. You never gave up on me after I had to leave. twice. You helped Lena when she felt like her whole world came crashing down. You are helping John, even though he wants to leave. And you inspired me, even 1000 years away. You are the best reporter. And one day, you'll make a fantastic mom." Kara smiled. 

"I love you. You always make me feel better, what I do with out you." Kara said.

"You would be just fine. Cause your amazing." 

"So amazing you'll cook diner for me?" Kara asked.

"Yes. thats the one thing you can't do is cook." Monel said walking into the kitchen. Kara through a dish towel at his face. 

"Hey! Listen its not my fault you can't cook. I tried my best to teach you, but you just can't cook." Monel said turning on the stove. 

~A few days later~ 

"I'll be gone for a week at most. Two days to get there, A few days to get James and Lena settled, then two days back." Monel told Kara. James and Lena where loading everything into Monel's ship.

"I know I just don't like to be away from you that long." Kara said.

"Me either."

"I wish I could come." Kara said.

"I know, me too, but we have to have to have one superhero here." Monel said. 

"Yeah I know. just come back, and be safe." 

"I will. I love you." Monel told her.

"I love you more." Kara said.

"Thats not possible." 

"Yes it is."

"No its not, oh I gotta go, bye!" Monel shouted running to the ship. Oh Rao I'm in love with an 8 year old. Kara thought waving at Monel, Lena, and James goodbye. 

to be continued...