Pricking of Fingers

Beginne am Anfang

"Men underestimate the power of women." I said.

"Hell yeah they do." He said back.

"What did Chuy do to him?" I asked, genuinely worried if they had killed him.

"They had a talk. Nathan and him needed some catching up. They used to work together you know." He said.

"Are you serious?" I asked him. I would have never thought that they did. Whenever Chuy had told me about him he seemed pretty upset.

"Yeah, I don't exactly know what happened, but Nathan is fine from what I saw. They just have to work out finances." He said back.

"Oh, well that's good." I said back.

"He wouldn't stop asking about you though. You must really have stunned him." He said to me. I laughed.

"He probably just wants to kill me." I said as another laugh escaped my lips.

"From what I hear he likes you. He found you to be quite impressive. He might even want you on his team." He said. I laughed some more.

"Well, looks like I have an admirer." I said rolling my eyes.

"Yeah you do." He said back.

"Well I'll go over after school." I said to him.

"Alright, see you then." He said hanging up. Nathan was alive, which was a relief. I didn't want to be involved in the killing of anyone.

'He's alive.' Edward said.

'Yeah, but why the extreme kidnapping?' Rosalie asked.

I ignored them as the rain got heavier and heavier. It was a bit hard for the average person to see, but I could see fine. More cars made their way into the parking lot, and I could see Alex's truck pull up. He had driven both Pacco and Sophie to school. They would usually do that because they lived so close together.

"Go." I could hear Pacco hiss. I didn't know what he meant until Alex ran out of his truck and came towards my car. He knocked on the windshield and motioned for me to open the door, which I did.

He opened the door and slid in quickly.

"Wow it is pouring." He said. There was an awkward silence that followed. It was pretty uncomfortable. He removed his hoodie and I could see it. He had a busted lip.

"What happened?" I asked, my hand instinctively reaching out to his face. I moved his chin so I could see the slit in his lips.

"Pacco was pretty mad yesterday." he said to me.

"In my defense I told him not to go." I said to him. I bit my lower lip as his eyes locked onto mine. I let go of his chin.

"I deserved it." He said, "I'm sorry Bella. I was a jerk and I shouldn't have grabbed you that hard. It was just...I couldn't deal with the thought that you were with someone else." He said, looking at me with genuine eyes. He seemed a bit worried for my response.

"You can't be doing that. We are not together anymore." I said as I looked out my window.

"I know...Is there really no more hope for us?" He asked me. I didn't want to look at him, but I forced myself to.

"No." I said back. I could see his face fall.

"I really messed up." he said, looking at his hands. I didn't say anything.

"I messed up with us, and I know you aren't going to ever want me, but I'm in love with you Bella, and I won't stop fighting for you." He said, the look on his face was pained, yet it was also loving.