4. House of Information

As I walked up to my room, I couldn't help but wonder what Jacob was talking about. What evil? Why would it get me?

I shook my head, trying to clear it of those confusing thoughts. I took out my phone and saw that while I was talking to Jacob I had 6 missed calls from Dani and Bella. I went into my room and flopped onto my bed. Then I called Bella back and put it on 3way calling so we could talk to Dani too.

They picked up on the third ring. "HEY!!!!!"

"Hi!"

"What's up?"

"Nothing much, but are you guys sitting down?" I smirked, picturing their faces.

"No, why?"

"I'M GOING TO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

It took the girls a minute to process what I said, and they did, they screamed.

"NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" they screamed.

I giggled. "I know!!!"

"When are you leaving?" Dani asked, her light English accent resounding in my ears.

"Umm, I think Jacob said tomorrow." I answered.

"Jacob?!?!" Bella screeched.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing."

I knew she wasn't saying something, but I didn't know what.

*****SHANE'S POV*****

As soon as I thought it was clear, I went back into the kitchen, just in time to hear Jacob say, "I just hope and pray that the evil doesn't get you." I waited another minute before revealing myself to my older brother.

When I did, I scared him. Oops. #sorrynotsorry. Oh, I'm so weird.

I went over to Jacob and subtly asked what he was talking about. When he didn't answer, I grabbed his collar and held him against the fridge.

"What the hell did you say?!?!" I whisper-yelled menacingly.

"No-no-nothing, Shane." He stuttered.

I glared at him, still holding him against the fridge. To try and get him to talk, I lifted him slightly off the ground.

"I'll ask you again. What. The. Hell. Did. You. Say." With each word, I pushed Jacob into the fridge.

He finally cracked. "The, the, the school."

I let him down gently and asked quietly, "What about the school?"

"There's something wrong with it. I don't know what, but I know someone who works there, and this is what they told me."

"Well, if it's dangerous, I don't want my little sister, correction: our little sister, going there."

"I'll be there, every day, all day," Jacob countered.

I guess he had to learn this again: I'm as stubborn as a fucking ass. He wasn't going to win this fight, no matter what.