Charity (Part 3 of 3)

Start from the beginning

Without wasting a moment more, he rushed over to Wally again. 

~*~

"Ah, hello Mr. Wayne.  So nice to finally be talking to you.  In fact, there's someone here who wants to say hi!" Dick's kidnapper put the phone to his ear.

"B...Brss?" Dick replied. He was now able to think clearly, but his words still didn't seem to want to be formed correctly.

"Dick!" came Bruce's relieved reply. Dick suddenly felt a lot better about this situation after hearing his guardian's voice. "Are you okay? Are you hurt at all?" Bruce continued.

"N-No," Dick said. He wasn't, after all. Drugged, yes, but hurt, no. He wished Bruce was here. Hopefully he would be soon...

As if hearing his thoughts, Bruce said, "Just hang tight kiddo, I'll get you out of there as quickly as possible."

Dick's kidnapper took the phone away, and a malicious grin came to his face. Dick glared at him. "Well, there you go.  Proof that the little brat is alive and well," the kidnapper said again. "Now, if you ever want to see him again, you'll make $20 million in payment to this bank account-"

He went on saying the bank account number, and Dick turned away, trying to figure out where he was while the kidnapper was distracted. He didn't want Bruce to be forced to pay $20 million dollars just to save him... He was going to figure out where he was, and that was that.

It was times like these that Batman put Robin through a butt load of training. He taught him how to notice even the tiniest of details, and how to resist any drugs that may have entered his system. It wasn't the first time he had been drugged, and he knew it wouldn't be the last. He had to think through it.

Dick looked around. The room he was in was dark, but like he noticed earlier, it was clearly an abandoned building. He squinted his eyes and noticed a window. It was partially boarded over, but he could see outside of it. Across the street, he noticed a familiar building... It was an old ice cream parlor. He and Batman had been there before when a minor drug bust had taken place there about a year ago. If he could tell Bruce about the parlor, he would know exactly where he meant...

"I'll call you back as soon as you pay up and give you the address to-" the kidnapper started telling Bruce. Dick decided now was the time to speak up. He forced his mouth to comply with what he wanted to say. Now was not the time to sound unintelligible.

"Bruce, I know where we are! We're across from the old ice cream parlor- mmph!" Before he could finish, a hand was put over his mouth, keeping him from saying any more. At least he had spoken quickly enough to get the point across, though.

"YOU LITTLE BRAT!!! YOU HAVE ONE HOUR!!! YOU NOW HAVE ONE HOUR BEFORE I KILL HIM!!! YOU HEAR ME MR. WAYNE???" the man hung up and slapped Dick in the head, hard. Dick winced. He hated being in civilian mode, and not being able to fight back. Even tied up like this, he knew he would be able to take out the guy.

"If I didn't need the money so bad, I'd just kill you now." He growled. "No matter though. I'll make sure that Wayne doesn't try anything funny." He took his phone again and hastily dialed Bruce's number, but this time facetimed him so he would be able to see everything that was about to happen.

"Me again, Wayne." The dark and cold tone of the man chilled Dick. He didn't like it one bit. "I'm going to show you a little taste of what will happen if the police get involved."
He held the phone up and made sure Dick's whole figure was clearly visible. He then proceeded to take out a knife, and before Dick could react, it was in his shoulder.

Dick gritted his teeth. It hurt, sure, but he'd been stabbed before. Nothing he couldn't handle. Then he twisted it. Dick had to bite down on his tongue hard to keep from crying out. Oh holy batman, that hurt. He felt the familiar taste of blood fill his mouth, but he hardly noticed the pain from his tongue, as his shoulder felt like it had been set on fire.

The kidnapper noticed his expression and laughed. "Hurts, doesn't it boyo? Well that's what you deserve.  Now, Wayne, any police or anything and this shoulder wound is the least thing the two of you will have to worry about."
Without another word, he hung up.

Dick squeezed his eyes shut, wishing more than ever that Bruce was with him right now.

~*~

Wally and Artemis wasted no time in heading for Dick once Bruce had given them the coordinates. Wally was unnerved about how shaken up Bruce looked. He couldn't imagine the great Batman being scared or nervous for any reason. It just showed Wally how much he really cared for Dick. But it also made him wonder what exactly the kidnapper had told/ shown Bruce...

"Great. It's a perfectly great Saturday night and I'm spending it saving some little spoiled rich brat," Artemis grumbled.

Wally glared at her. "Hey! You don't know anything about him, okay? Just shut up."

Artemis raised an eyebrow. Wally had been acting a little off all evening. "Um, like you do?" Even though she said that, she didn't completely mean it. She didn't understand Richard Grayson, but she didn't think of him as spoiled and rude like some other rich people she could name. He was a little strange though... He was that weird little freshman who took a selfie with her in the first day. She still had no idea what that was about...

Wally grumbled something Artemis couldn't make out. "Look, I just want to get this over with, okay? Let's go save him before anything bad happens."

At this point, Artemis was convinced that Wally somehow knew Richard Grayson, but she didn't question him.

"Okay, we're here," Wally said after a few moments of silence. The street they were on was dark, and only dimly lit. That was Gotham for ya.

He and Artemis crept inside. Apparently whoever Dick's kidnapper was, wasn't super clever. He was clearly shocked when he saw a certain speedster and archer come in.

Wally saw Dick in the corner, and his eyes widened. His best friend was as white as a sheet, a pained expression was on his face, and there was blood everywhere. He didn't hesitate any longer before rushing over to him.

"Dick! Are you okay?" he asked in a hushed tone, so Artemis (who was taking out the kidnapper) couldn't hear.

Dick managed a smile, though it looked strained. "Yep. I'm totally feeling the aster over here," he said, the relief of seeing a familiar face evident on him.

Wally grinned. If his friend was up to joking, he wasn't as bad off as he had originally thought. "Bruce'll be here soon, okay? Just hang in there."

Dick smiled, this time he managed a real one. "Thanks Wally...For coming."

~*~

Bruce sat by the very pale Dick as a nurse patched up his shoulder. "I'm glad you're okay," he whispered to his surrogate son.

A/N: Thanks for reading guys! On a kinda random note, I'm 16 today, so that's great :D

Anyway, please leave a review!! If you have any ideas for a future oneshot, I'd love to hear 'me!