[22] Back Home

Cici’s POV

It’s coming close to me having to go back and live in my house. My mom will be coming back soon and I don’t want to leave, but I want to sleep in my room again.

I miss my dark blue walls, my fairy lights and band posters, my book and cd collection, and all my pictures I have hanging up of Allie and I that we took with my Polaroid camera. I miss my mom of course, and my house.

I haven’t been back there since I have moved into the Grier’s place for the year. I have the key, but I never went back. I didn’t run there to escape, or just run there in general. I stayed at the place I called home for a year, the Grier’s.

It is a Thursday night and I am dong home work. Honestly I hate the beginning of October. That’s normally when the teachers give you more work and tests and projects. I don’t know why they do this, but it just seems to happen all the time.

“Cici! Dinner!” I hear Mama Beth call me down.

I jump off my bed, wash my hands quickly and head downstairs. It’s pretty early, but Mama Beth has an important meeting to get to and we are going to be in charge of Skylynn. She has to get to bed soon anyway.

It’s just Hayes, Skylynn and I. Nash moved out to California with Cameron not too long ago. It has been pretty boring here without them and I miss them both like crazy. Cam didn’t want to leave me in case I slipped again, but I made a promise with him to tell him every day.

We eat in silence like it has been for the past few weeks. Nash isn’t here to keep the conversation up or just here to fill the empty silence. I help clean off the table and Mama Beth rushes out the door to leave.

After the table is cleared I take Skylynn upstairs to shower her and get her ready for bed. She is in and out of the shower and is in bed pretty quickly. I read her a few books and she ends up falling asleep.

I go back to my room and manage to finish my homework. My phone vibrates and I see it’s a text from my mom.

Mummy💕: Hey baby girl! I am coming back Saturday. Ready to go back home?

Me: Yeah I can’t wait! I really miss you mom. Don’t forget my sweatshirt!

Mummy💕: I didn’t. Okay I will see you in a few days! I love you honey!

Me: love you too mom!

There is a knock at my door.

“Come in!” I say.

Hayes enters my room and sits down next to me on my now cleared bed.

“It’s getting close to the year ending.” Hayes says sadly.

“Yeah, my mom just texted me saying I am going back home on Saturday, but hey I am five houses away! It’s not like I am moving.” I say and kiss his lips softly.