[14] Lunch With Friends

Cici’s POV

I can tell Hayes isn’t happy with me going to lunch with Shawn.

It makes complete sense because he likes me and all, but it bugs me that he doesn’t believe me. He thinks that Shawn and I are going on a date.

I could tell that’s what Shawn thinks but I have to tell him that I think he is a great friend and all but I don’t think of him that way. I hope he understands.

There is a honk outside and I see its Shawn and Bart. Well of course he would have to drive, Shawn is only 15. I leave and Shawn helps me into the too familiar van.

Bart drops us off at Panera and we thank him. We order and sit at a table. Our order is called out and Shawn gets up to get it. It was kind of him to go and get it for us. I thank him for getting the food for us and he smiles.

We talk a bit more and I tell him about myself. He asks about my family and I tell him that I live with my mom because my dad left us. I don’t explain the rest like I did with Hayes, it’s a bit too painful to talk about still.

“What made you want to play guitar?” He asks.

“I honestly don’t know. I could sing and Allie and I would sing all the time so we decided to pick up some instruments. We wrote a few songs, but didn’t really take it seriously. Until I knew that I could let all of my thoughts go in writing music and playing the guitar. It was like my therapy. Sorry that got too deep too fast.” I laugh.

“No its fine. I like when you go all out on your answers. It makes me able to know you more, if that makes sense.” He laughs.

“Yeah it sort of does makes sense, but then it doesn’t.”

The awkward silence follows.

“So I was wondering if we could do this again. Just the two of us. It was fun.” Shawn smiles at me.

“Shawn I don’t want to rude or anything, but I don’t think of us any more than friends. I don’t know if you felt that way, but I am sorry, I just cant.” I say softly.

He smile disappears all too quickly, making me know that he did feel that way. I feel really bad, I just can’t date anyone else. I love Hayes.

“I understand. It’s fine, nothing weird between us?” He asks and I nod.

“I was wondering if you could help me write a song. You don’t have to, but I see how well you do with music and I would totally need the help.” I ask him.

“Sure! I would love to help you! We can start the song sometime on tour.” He says and I nod.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I wave at Bart and walk into the house. The warmth hits me in the face and the cold air rolls off of my body. I see Nash coming downstairs.