LX

Remus gripped his wand tighter in his hand. The Ministry had something to do with this. He was sure of it. He'd hated the Ministry (with the exception of his fellow Order of the Phoenix members) ever since they'd passed the law against werewolves, making it absolutely impossible for him to find a job. And support your wife and child, a little voice in his head added.

Now, he supposed that the Ministry sent them to have the last laugh.

Where would the dementors be coming from? The windows? That's where the frost had appeared. The door? It was sadder and more depressing there. The chill shot tingles up his spine.

He grasped for a memory. Anything that could save them.

He thought of Dora, walking down the aisle in her wedding dress, smirking at him. He thought of seeing her at Order meeting, as he blushed profusely every time their hands would accidentally meet. His mind drifted to kissing her, the warm feeling it gave him. A comfort. He thought of Teddy's birth, and how happy they was to realize that he wasn't a werewolf and Remus hadn't destroyed an innocent life. His wife's radiant smile, a grin that the stars would never outshine, and her beautiful laugh.

At that he smiled as he watched a shimming silver wolf erupt from the tip of his wand. They watched eagerly as it raced to the door. The air was warmer and the first melted from the windows. Teddy had stopped crying and looked in wonder at his father. Dora's face was shocked.

"Why were they here? No one should even know where we live? With the except of Order members and my parents." she whispered, then kissed Teddy's head lightly.
"Dora, I don't know." Remix sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose with his fingers, "Had someone given us away?"
"I doubt it."

Everything's fine now, he thought. They'd be able to sleep. Before Dora set Teddy back down in his crib, Remus judged her to look at the stars. She turned, their son still in her arms. Dora's eyes were wide with wonder and awe. But tired and pained at the same time. Remus realized that it hurt to have still to move around. He, too, was also weary, having just recovered from a full moon and he felt like absolute trash. It didn't make it easier for either of them with sleepless nights and a month old son with the energy of a bull. Teddy was fussing around, seeming restless.

"Dora, love, go rest. I'll put Teddy to sleep."
"You sure?" her eyes were fluttering, "Al-alright. Night, Remus. Love you." He bent down slightly to give her a gentle goodnight kiss on the lips. He smiled as she pulled away and But Teddy into his arms.
"Love you, too." he quietly called after her.

He beamed at his son, whose hair was a strange lavender color. Teddy's hands reached for the stars they watched from his window. His tiny mouth was shaped into an o and his eyes wide with curiosity. Remus nearly laughed, if not for his wife sleeping in the next room. So he chuckled quietly instead.

Remus began talking about the stars and constellations, pointing out the ones they could see. Teddy babbled and giggled in response. Remus felt a grin tugging at his lips. He could go on and on about the evening sky, something he'd studied but couldn't really seem to enjoy. But Teddy wasn't falling asleep. He sighed.

An idea struck him. That lullaby Dora would hum every time she wanted their son to sleep. Now, Remus wasn't the best singer, but it might help. He wasn't as bad as a drunk James Potter and overly drunk Sirius Black.

It's tune was gentle and loving. The words were calming and peaceful, giving them both a sense of security and serenity. Teddy's amber eyes fluttered gently, and he yawned. Or what Remus supposed was a yawn. He smiled and felt Teddy fall asleep in his arms. Remus gently laid him down in the crib then went back to bed.

~oOo~

Morning were an utter pain in the butt for Dora. She hated waking up and leaving the comfort of the bed. Surprisingly, she was awake before Remus, who was snoring loudly beside her. Some nights, she just couldn't stand his snores. Others, it was weirdly endearing. But all in all, it was a comfort to have her husband next to her every day and night.

She sat up, and ran a hand through her messy pink hair, which stood on end that morning. She barely bothered to fix it or smooth if out of some sort.

A thought struck her. Remus aid he'd be going to Shell Cottage today to visit Harry, Ron and Hermione. Also Bill and Fleur.

She felt the bed shift and she glanced over to see that Remus was awake too. He smiled weakly at her. There was so much happiness in his eyes, but at the same time, pain. Dora suddenly felt like crying.

She was so tired of all this. The fighting. The war. The fact that two people couldn't get married without worrying that the Ministry would seek revenge and kill them in their sleep. The fact that minors were on the run. That all of them were in hiding and couldn't see the sunshine, even for a few moments. So, so tired.

Remus must've guessed what she was thinking, or the expression on her face told the story.

"What's wrong?" he asked softly, rubbing her back gently.
"It's nothing." she waved a hand to dismiss her thoughts, but Remus didn't let it go.
"It's never 'nothing', love."

She broke, completely and utterly confessing her upsetting thoughts. How exhausted she was. How broken she was. The fears and anxieties that had haunted her sleep. The taunts and death threats from her mother's side of the family in her nightmares. The fear that she might lose her life. The fear that she could lose her beloved husband, or her only son. An innocent and helpless child that didn't deserve to be forced into this war. Whatever happened, she couldn't lose them. Two of the few remaining lights in her life.

Her broken voice turned to whispers and she nearly fell apart. Dora fought back tears of anguish and depression. I'm with him, she thought, everything'll be okay. We have each other. Then decided to let herself cry. This was her husband, if she couldn't cry in front of him, she couldn't trust him with anything.

Hey everyone! Welcome back to the world of Harry Potter!! I'm kidding, we never leave the fandom world. 😉😉😉 Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

So what'll happen in the next chapter??? Your predictions would be awesome to hear.

Love you all,
Abby