Chapter 30 - Love Means Eternity

Start from the beginning

Anika woke up a while later and she saw his sleeping form. She realised she had drifted into slumber with her head in his lap. She smiled seeing him sleep in the sitting posture. She got up and took her face closer to his. She traced her fingers on his face. Keeping her touch like that of a feather she traced his stubble. Her eyes on his lips. Blushing she pulled her hand back and was about to move when he caught her wrist. She lost her balance and her body was propelled into his chest.  He hugged her and smiled while his eyes were still closed.

"You were awake?" She asked placing her chin on his arms. 

"No..But your touch woke me up!" he smiled not opening his eyes.

"Sorry!" She said sheepishly admiring his face. 

"Ahh..no. I liked it. " he said drawing her closer.

"Shivaay, you will crush me!" She said as she started becoming uncomfortable in his tight hold. 

"Hmm.." he said opening his eyes and loosening his hold.

"Let's go for a walk. It's been so long!" She arched her head to look up at him.

"Nice idea. I haven't worked out ever since we shifted. "

"I am not talking about jogging." She clarified.

"I know." He said releasing her. 

Minutes later they were walking down the walker's path in a public path. The weather was lovely. The sky was greyish. Seemed like the rains were on the way.

She had her hands wrapped around his palm. She spoke on and on. Telling him about anything she saw that brought a tale to her memory and what not. He couldn't express how happy he was to have his old talkative Anika back. He simply smiled and his smile was occasionally broken by chuckles. Though at times she did go silent, awkwardly. At those moments, he spoke making her laugh.

They sat on the bench seeing the violet sky turn darker into black. Anika patted his shoulder and he looked in the direction she was looking in. An old couple sat laughing at something. Their hands intertwined. Shivaay smiled and then looked at her. The shine in her eyes, made his heart flutter. After fondly observing the couple they left. In that silent minutes of observation they both had learned so much. Togetherness forever. She slowly slipped her hand into his, he immediately held it. Both instantly looked at each other. A smile of love exchanged.

No matter what, together they would fight it and maybe someday when they were old they'd be like that adorable couple. 

In the meanwhile, I have posted two parts of a new book - "Deceiving Hearts". 

Check that out if time permits!

-Anami!