41

Harry angrily slams the front door shut, catching the guys attention. They all come out of the dining hall with questioning looks on their faces. I begin to walk away upstairs when Zayn speaks. "What's going on?"

"You look like you've seen hell, mate." Louis interjects.

"She killed him," Harry blurts out and I stop halfway up the stairs.

"What?"

"She killed Rick." At the revelation, their expressions of confusion change to one of worry. Zayn and the rest turn to look at me.

"What—why?" Liam utters, anger taking over his expression.

Harry stalks towards Zayn, shoving him back. "This is all your fucking fault!" He shoves him again. "She was supposed to stay here and you strung her along!"

"I didn't think she would kill somebody!" Zayn defends, shoving Harry back. "That must've been something you taught her."

"This has nothing to do with Zayn," I speak up, gaining everyone's attention. "I strung myself along, Rick came to me. I wasn't going to let him taunt me anymore after what he did to me." I grit, glaring at Harry.

"You don't know what the fuck you have done." Harry glares.

"I defended myself."

"Over an empty fucking threat?" Harry seethes before turning to the guys. "We came to a fucking agreement, if Alfio finds out what she did Rick will be the least of our fucking worries."

"Shit." Zayn runs hands through his hair before walking off.

Giza turns to me, a glare on her face. "You have fucked us all." She also walks off in the same direction that Zayn left in. Harry, Max, Louis, Niall and Liam where the only ones left in the room and they all seemed tense.

"What do we do?" Max finally speaks, his hands at his hips and a defeated look on his face.

"We deal with it." Harry sighs. "There's nothing we can do about it now, the fucker is already dead."

"Do you think they knew who it was?" Niall asks.

"For our sake, I hope not." Harry looks up to see me still standing by the stairs. "Let's discuss this in the office." The guys agree and walk off. "Go to bed and stay there."

"I'm already a part of this, Harry." I glare.

"You've done enough." Is what he says before he walks off with the guys.

"What the fuck did you do?" Harry's look of shock seeped itself in my mind like a hook. His words replay over and over again to the point where I couldn't sleep. Rick had very clear intentions of killing me, he said so himself. He wasn't going to let Alfio's words get in the middle of what he actually wanted to do.

I saw him reaching for his gun, the fact that I was faster than him at it wasn't my fault. I killed him in self defense, regardless of what Harry claims about it being an empty threat. Thinking about what I did made some part of me replay the scene. The feeling of the gun going off in my hand, the loud deafening sound of it firing. I don't exactly recall seeing Rick's face or how I even managed to get his head, but I do recall silence after the ringing.

I was currently sitting outside on the balcony, leaning against the rail and watching the moon reflect the water in the pool. My bedroom door opens and in comes Harry, a furrow between his eyebrows as he closes the door behind him. "Here to yell at me some more?" I retort, looking ahead.

Harry stands by the doorway of the balcony door, probably contemplating what it is he wants to say or shout at me. However, he takes the empty spot on the bench behind me. I turn towards him, my back to the rail. "What you did today, that wasn't right."

I sigh and look away, trying my best not to get annoyed at him. "Suddenly you're so big on morality?"

"I mean, you shouldn't ever have to do that. That's why I'm here for." He says and I turn back to face him. "This isn't some mistake you committed and you can recover from. This shit will eat at you, if not today then someday. It's a disease, you have tainted yourself for life."

"Isn't this why you taught me to use a gun?" I question. "To defend myself."

"To defend yourself when I'm not there."

"He would've killed you right after he killed me." I point out. "I wasn't going to give him the chance, I was completely justified."

"You can't justify killing someone, Valentina. It isn't humane to take another life. Do you think I enjoy doing it? I hate the smell of blood, I hate watching someone die in front of me." He stops himself and looks down, takes a deep breath and sighs. "It has happened to me close and personal before, trust me you don't ever recover from that."

"You said you would kill him the next time he touched me." I recall his words when Rick and Blaise took me.

"That's different. Nothing good is going to come out of this and if they find out it was you that pulled the trigger, you won't see them coming." I run a hand through my hair and sit down next to him.

"He tried to rape me, Harry." I look up at him. "If I hadn't fought him off long enough for you to get there, he would've had his way." I hated thinking about that day. "No one is ever going to take advantage of me."

Harry turns to look at me, his back and head relaxed on the wall behind him. "No one will ever get to." He says softly. "Promise me something." He asks in more of a demand than a question.

"What?"

"Never pull that trigger unless I tell you to. Never resort to killing someone just for the hell of it, it's never easy." What happened must've really bothered him, I guess it did catch him and myself off guard.

However, I didn't want to promise such a thing. He did tell me once that a gun will be my only source of survival, to always rely on it. So why is he now switching up on what he said before? He looks at me expectantly, waiting for my answer.

"I promise." I lie. Our eyes linger for a moment longer than they should, I find myself admiring the shade of his eyes now a much muted green. Harry was so beautiful and I doubt he doesn't know that, his lips were a nice crimson shade and I wanted nothing more than to feel them on me.

However, it's as if Harry can feel the shift in the environment surrounding us because he looks away and stands up, my eyes follow. "Someone will be coming to get your measurements for next week."

"Measurements?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows. "What's next week?"

"Sixteenth of November." My birthday. "Vincent is getting released the day of."

"Why is that my concern?" For fucks sake, why am I getting defensive? Harry and I aren't fighting.

"Just—get some sleep." Is what he says before he walks off, probably to avoid a fight.