[ 3 ]

T H E W O M A N I S E R ' S
S P I T F I R E

C O L T O N K N I G H T

C H A P T E R T H R E E

-

T H E D A R K H A I R E D woman sat directly within my greedy sight. I sucked in the image of her like a cool drink on a hot summers day. Fortunately, for myself, her office was situated directly in front of my own, with nothing but a glass door to separate us. I smirked at the thought, reminiscing how displeased she'd been on the discovery.

Nevertheless, she zipped her mouth and didn't utter a single complaint. It would be rather silly and unprofessional to throw a childish fit over the situation of a work space and Talia Robert's had never been the unprofessional type. Childish? Yes, but never as much I.

Watching as a lock of raven hair fell before her eyes, I witnessed the swift motion as her manicured nail swept the piece of hair behind her ear as she rushed back into her work, immersing herself into the task wholeheartedly.

Living up to her well known trait throughout high school, Talia remained a sharp tongued woman with an opinion that would never be dismissed. She'd changed since I last saw her, but the Spitfire within never faded, I smirked at the thought.

Talia has transformed into a woman. A goddess. Growing fully into her gorgeous shape, her chest size had increased and her backside was rounder and firm. Chuckling to myself at the image of her, I groaned. I was a man. I felt that was all he excuse I needed for such crude thoughts to be spiralling in my head. I knew fine well I was an *sshole, I'd been told it enough times now and the message became loud and clear.

Talia Robert's always had the most striking features. Grey eyes and the darkest shade of hair I'd ever seen. Her skin glowed and she radiated effortless beauty. Natural blush tainted her cheeks and from the moment I met her, I knew she took pride in her looks and etiquette. She was unlike any other girl I'd ever met back in high school.

Today, it was as if she hadn't changed, just a few adjustments to her appearance. She was the same girl I knew back in high school. If we'd been friends, or more, I'd have certainly kept in contact with the Spitfire of a woman. Funnily enough, we were anything but.

Straightening my laid back posture, the seat moved with me, creaking as my movement came to an abrupt halt. Reaching across the glass table whilst never taking my eyes away from Talia, I clicked a button, shifting my position so that my lips hovered over the mic that stuck out from the device. "Oh, Talia." I drawled out the final syllable of her name, watching as she froze for a second before her stormy grey eyes snapped up to meet my own.

A storm clashed with a sizzling fire. She pounced from her sitting position, dropping the pen into the desk with a clatter as she rounded the table and pushed through the door. Crossing her arms over her chest, she flicked her hair over her shoulder and clashed her teeth together like iron swords. "Yes?" Her tone was abrupt and unamused.

Smirking as if I'd won the lottery, my long fingers drummer against the desk. "Fetch me a coffee." I suppressed a chuckle as her lips fell into an even more unamused grimace. Her brows furrowed in anger and her shape features became more distinct. Fury swept across her delicate features.

"Excuse me? Did you just ask me to...-fetch?" A pause signified her disbelief as she scoffed and took two long strides towards my
desk, slamming her hand down. "I'm not a dog. And fetching your coffee is not my job. Fetch it yourself, Colton." Unnerved by her blistering words, I watched in amusement as she stormed away, throwing the door open, clearing anything in her past like a tornado.

My chest tightened as I watched her turn and barrel down the corridor, her pathway never changing. A devilish look simmered in my brown eyes as I spun around in my chair to state out into the city. Watching the world operate before my eyes, I tapped my chin with the tip of my finger.

Groaning at the thought of Talia, I threw my head back and shut my eyes, fishing for my phone on the inner pocket of my crisp suit jacket, I pulled the device out and dialled a common number that had no contact name. Just a number. Placing it to my ear, I listened to the ringing, waiting for an answer.

"Hello?" Her voice was gentle and soft, it was if she were expecting my call like a puppy. Easily excitable and desperate for the attention. "Colton?" I could hear Sydney's breath hitch in her throat as paused for a second.

"I'll be round at yours shortly." Without waiting for a reply, I hung up and turned around in the seat, just in time to witness Talia returning, this time, sauntering down the hall with a cup of coffee. Catching my eye, she smirked, matching my own that hung from the corners.

Breaking our stare, she tipped the cup, sipping the liquid with a satisfying slurp as she disappeared through the door, but still in my vision. Sinking back into her seat, she looked up at me once before shifting her gaze and never looking at me again after that.

Groaning, I pushed away from the desk to stand up, leaving my office as I hurried out the building and soon entered the confines of my car. Images of Talia flashed through my head as I raced down the street, turning into the driveway that belonged to Sydney, with the intent of pushing Talia to the back of mind, forgetting all about the raven haired beauty, with a raging storm for eyes.

----