Chapter 9

My phone buzzed, causing me to jump out of my skin. It wasn't my fault, the woods were freaky at night. Something could jump out of the bushes with a chainsaw...dude, what am I thinking? Chainsaw? I've watched way too many horror movies with Nolan. Unfortunately, if anything does jump out of the bushes, it will come out with something way worse then a chainsaw. For me, Horror movies are my reality.

    "Where r u???" Nolan texted again. Jeez, that boy is so impatient. I guess it's not his fault. I'm taking my time through the woods, casually pacing along. It takes a normal person 15 or so minutes to run to where I'm headed, whereas if I sprinted I'd take less than 3. Easy for me, and I wouldn't even brake a sweat. Lucky for Nolan, he lives only 5 minutes away.

    All of a sudden, I'm there. Right outside the cave. I do that a lot, totally space out and then end up at my destination. "Jess," I literally jumped at least 6 feet in the air. "Holy crap, Jess. No wonder you always win high jump competitions."

   "N-nolan?" I stammered.

  "No, it's cookie monster out for a late night stroll."

I giggled. Why does this guy make me act like this? "Haha, phew! For a second there I thought it was Chuckie!"

There's the humor I was looking for," he said with a gigantic grin. I didn't know what to say. Sometimes I would be able to crack the perfect joke, and at other times he left me speechless. I stared into his mesmerizing eyes. I couldn't quite tell you exactly what color they were. At times they'd be a blue-green color, but right now they looked deeper, almost gray. 

    He smirked at me. "Stop staring. I know I'm beautiful and all, and I leave you speechless, AND I'm a great kisser, not to mention that I'm on the football team...Ow! And you, my friend, still have a great punch especially for a girl!" 

  I laughed. He was becoming annoying so I gave him a slight punch on the shoulder, but I guess I hit him a bit too hard. He started to complain. "I'm gonna have to tell coach that I can't play this week's game because a girl beat me up," he said while pouting and rubbing his shoulder.

   "Shut up, babe," I said mockingly. He looked surprised at first, but then he realized I was kidding and put his hand over his heart. "Ouch, that hurt," He said. "Almost as much as that punch." I winked at him half-heartedly.

    He's such a baby, I thought. "Suck it up, Alexis. You sound like Kehl." 

"HEY! Don't call me Alexis! My middle name is ALEX! A-L-E-X! And calling me Kehl? That's just cold. I'm WAY sexier than him!" I needed to think of a witty comeback, but sadly I had nothing. Instead I said, "Okay, alright. I'm so sorry. Alexis."

  "That's it!" Nolan grabbed me from behind and hoisted me over his shoulder. I pretended to act helpless and go along with it. I hit his back with my fists like a normal teenage girl would. In other words,   weak and wussy-like. I gave a little, high-pitched shrill. "Let me go or I'll call the cops!" 

"Not if I have your phone!" He grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and slipped it into his front pocket. "Now you'll have to get it," He said all flirty-like. "Time to have some fun," I thought. With my telekinesis I felt around the ground until I found what I wanted. About a foot down, there was a tree stump hidden under the soil. I had no idea how I knew that, I could just feel it. I pulled it up with my mind, and before I knew it, Nolan and I were freefalling.

   That's when my senses kicked in. I wanted so badly to twist out of his grasp and land on my feet, watching him fall on his face. I fought the urge and let me fall along with him, curious of what he would do. We hit the ground hard, but he took most of the impact. I could almost feel the wind being knocked out of him. 

   We lay there for a second, mostly because Nolan needed a second to start breathing. Once he could,  he asked me, "Are you okay?" 

"Yes, I'm fine. What about you?"  

   He started breathing hard then said, "You know what? I'm having trouble breathing. I could really use mouth-to-mouth."

    Wow, he really was persistent. I've been in this situation before, and I knew I needed to act confident. I couldn't let him win this one. If u haven't noticed, I'm not in to losing. "I'm not qualified to do CPR. However, I could call Kenzie up and she's pretty..." I wiggled my eyebrows. "experienced."

    Nolan got up into a position so that he was practically on top of me. "Well, then. Maybe I could teach you." My mouth opened, and he smiled victoriously. Well played, Nolan. Well played. He started to lean in, and I started to panic. I was not going to have our first kiss like this. I used a small skill Mitch had taught me awhile back, and I'm pretty proud to say I actually remembered it. For the record, I did it right  too.

    Very quickly, I took my legs and kind of wrapped them around his and pulled them forward. While doing that I pushed back on his shoulders and hoisted myself up. His mouth was open, and he looked shocked and appalled that I had pulled that little move on him. I was now on top of him. This time I leaned forward and stopped when our noses were touching. 

    I could feel his pulse rising, and I smiled. Score. I moved to his ear, and my lips slightly touched. I caught him hold his breath. I smiled again, now aware that I had won once again. I whispered in his ear very slowly, and very quietly. "I'm not interested." I pushed off his chest, and got up quickly. 

    "Gosh, Jess. you're like a pro at this. Go easy on me." He got up quickly and grabbed my wrist, then turned me so I was facing him. Great, just great. Once again I was at the mercy of his menacing eyes. They were dark blue now, and literally sparkling. Wow, when did I become Bella?

     He leaned in once again, and I couldn't move. My brain was screaming to run, but I was frozen. All I could do was watch and stare.     

    All of a sudden, he stopped. I'm ashamed to say at that second I was almost disappointed. Almost. But then I heard it. There were quiet footsteps, definitely more than one. And they were just outside the cave. How could I of been so stupid? and unprepared.

      Crap, and I was unarmed.

YAY! Finally finished! I'm now going to start doing longer chapters, but sadly not update as often:( sad face. As u all know, school's starting soon, and for some it already has! <3 u guys and I don't want u to fail! Haha ok and again, over 1000 reads all thanks to u guys. Keep it up!