Chapter 8

I tiptoed to the landing and looked down to the first floor. In the tv room, Mitch had some news channel on and was fast asleep. I stifled my laugh and noted that later I would have to tell Mitch that his snore sounded like a dying pig. I crept back into my bedroom and opened the window.

    I still couldn't believe I was doing this. I mean, I'm not exactly a goody-two shoes but when it comes to safety I have to be cautious. Okay, so the meeting place is pretty self-explanatory. It's the place where me, Nolan and a few other friends would meet. I know the name is probably one of the worst names for a secret meeting place, but we couldn't think of anything else. Actually, it was either that...or the turd cave.

    I laughed at the memory. The meeting place is a cave-like structure in the wood area by our school. It is well-hidden, and the only reason why we stumbled upon it is because clumsy Kehl tripped on some tree roots and he kind of fell in. I started to drift back into the memory.

     It was a Fall Tuesday after lunch. Nolan, Jack, Kehl, Kenzie and I had had a half-day, and we didn't know what to do. Kenzie suggested go to the mall, and Kehl recommended a nice spot in the janitor's closet to take a nap. Somehow, the woods was a compromise. Kenzie complained her outfit would get dirty and Kehl agreed with her. We all laughed at him. It didn't make any sense because he was wearing shorts and an Aero shirt with cut sleeves.

    Kehl is the class clown, and he's funnier than all of those professional comedians put all into one. Oh, and one other thing. He's also the nasty, flirty type.

 Kenzie groaned. "Can we atleast go get changed into our gym clothes or something?" I laughed. "No Kenzie, shut up."

 "Actually, that's a great idea, Kenz!" Kehl smiled.

  She smirked at me. "Ya, Jess! Hah thanks Kehl."

 He wiggled his eyebrows. "Ya, ya. Whatever. Now can WE go get changed already!? My six packs getting harder and..."

  "EEEWWW! you perv!" Kenz squealed.

"Gross," Nolan commented. Nolan was practically brand-new to school at that time, but I could tell he would become the popular type.I thought he was cute and he didn't have many friends so I had invited him to come along with us.

 "Well Kenz, you're the one who said 'we'!"

  "I meant ME and JESS!" She shoved him hard and he fell onto some bushes. Instead of just hitting the ground and (hopefully) groaning in agony, he kept on rolling right into a small stone entrance.

    It was practically impossible to see from the outside, and the bush in front of it sure helped for camouflage. So basicallly, what should have been a solid rock wall was now a secret opening. Jack stuttered something about "being in the movies". We all walked toward the opening.

   "Ow!" Kehl complained, still on the ground. "Shut up, Kehl." Kenz threw her tote at him and to our amusement, it hit him in his soft spot. His eyes bugged out of his head, and let's just say he didn't do very appropriate things for a 15 year-old varsity quarterback.

    Once he finished his tantrum, Jack and Nolan helped him to walk.

 "Oh, NOW you decide to figure out that you can throw accurately!" We all started laughing, except for fussy Kehl and blushing Kenzie. It was funny, mostly because Kenzie would never participate in anything sport related. Not even P.E., and her excuse was that she sucked. Kenzie wasn't the rich, bratty, blonde type. But, she was definitely 'the blonde'. When it came to a serious question, she would giggle like an idiot and twirl her hair. But that's what I loved about her.

    We were best friends, aside from Nolan. And opposites attract, right? Kenz was the popular blondie, and I was "her friend". I'ts not that I'm not pretty rich or not popular, but I try my best to hide my face. I barely ever go to parties, and I try to skip the sleepovers and afterschool events. Little does she know, If I wasn't cursed with my horrible future I would be at the top of the hottie list with her.

I find this super embarrassing, and most teens would. Mitch makes sure to check my clothes every so often. I know he knows that I'm  good-looking for my age, and he doesn't want me to get carried away. Last month he found a snug, low V-neck top that was "inappropriate" and he just threw it away! Along with that he took 2 skirts, a tank dress and 3 of my super expensive designer fits! Luckily, I have a few better-looking clothes stashed away.

   Kehl had finally stopped complaining, but it was only because Kenzie promised to go on a date with him. Little did they know that would be the first of many. "My crotch hurts!" Forget about the 'stopped complaining' part.

  "Shut up, Kehl! I already said sorry and promised to go on a date with you!"

"Give him a break, Kenz," chuckled Jack.

"Give me a kiss, and I promise I won't complain for the rest of the week." All our eyes bugged. That was an oppurtunity that would happen once in a blue moon. She gave him a peck on the cheek, and the guys whistled. Kehl mumbled. "You should kiss me where it hurts the most, babe."

  "God, I should of bargained for you to stop being such an annoying perv!" Out of randomness, Kehl stood up straight. "Hey guys, check it out! There's mushrooms growing in here! They look like turds!" 

 "Kenz, you're so right! You should have bargained, stupid!" I said to Kenz. That time Kehl pushed me and I bumped into Nolan, which of course we fell on the ground on top of eachother onto a bunch of mushrooms. "Haha!" Kehl yelled. "Jess and Nolan! On the turd-shrooms can't you see! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

  I lost patience with Kehl and I kicked upwards from the ground. I heard Kehl yelp, and fall onto a big pile of "turd-shrooms". I was going to say sorry to Kehl, but then Nolan started laughing from under me. Still laughing hysterically, he said, "Jess, I can already tell this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship." 

Little did I know, he would be dead right.

  SUPER LONG CHAPTER! COMMENT IF YOU LIKE! THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS! OVER 900 READS!:))