Magic Ways - Memeulous

The fire danced, starkly contrasting with the black night sky surrounding it. You breathed in the warmth as you pulled the edges of the soft blanket around your bare arms. 
"Hey." You felt a sudden gush of hot air on your neck. It was partially the surprise, partially the fact that he was so close to you. You let out a shriek.
"Shh, don't hog the blanket" He laughed at your reaction, tugging at the blanket you had gripped tightly in your fright as he sat next to you. He let out a content sigh, and you looked over to him. You could barely see his face in all it's glory but you had spent plenty of time staring at him other times - you could imagine how he looked now. You smiled slightly before turning back to the fire.

"Oh!"
You whipped your head to face him again, worrying what had just caused George to shout.
"I just remembered, I brought marshmallows!"
You let yourself relax. How ridiculous. And you like this guy? "Well, did you bring any sticks?"

"Of course I did."

So for the next 45 minutes, you both perfected the art of marshmallows. It wasn't a smooth ride - especially for George, who at first struggled to go without burning each one.
"This is dreadful, let's go back inside." He was clearly disheartened but only 15 minutes later, he had become a self proclaimed Master.

He waved two bubbling marshmallows infront of your face.
"Uh George, why don't you eat them?"
"I'm starting to feel a bit ill."
"Then why'd you make them?"
"Good question."

You scoffed at his answer but accepted his offer anyways, pushing some stray hairs from your face as you took a bite.
"Not bad." You said, trying to provoke him.
"Not bad?!? You're not bad!!"
"Wha- What?!"
"I'm kidding, you're peng, but these marshmallows are perfect. Pssh, 'not bad'." He mocked you but you couldn't help but smile at his quick compliment. He must've seen your face, lit by the hues of orange and yellow omitted by the fire.

"Come on now, don't get cocky just  because I said you were attractive."

You shook your head, taking his comments as an invitation to place your hand on his. Your heart thumped in your chest and each second he didn't respond, you grew more and more worried. You opted instead to try leave the situation completely and avoid any rejection.

"Should we head in? It's getting late."

"Just a few more minutes." He whispered, finally interwining his fingers with yours.

And, just as quickly as they came, your worries disappeared. Huh, I like the guy with magic ways.