Coffee and TV - WillNE

Soft music accompanied the much louder conversations of customers. Although you often tried, you failed many times to listen in to any one conversation. Maybe it was better as you wouldn't get distracted on the job. It was unfortunate, however, that you couldn't laugh at jokes being told as the days grew tedious. 

It seemed you had been having frequent bad days throughout the past few weeks. It might've been that the honeymoon period of your job had come to an end - getting paid and getting free food no longer seemed as special to you. Maybe the first bad day had created a snowball effect. Whatever it was, you just wished your bad luck would end. 

You watched the cafe diminish from bustling to only holding a few people as if it were a clock. You could tell your shift would end soon. Your watch reaffirmed this - only two minutes until you were due for plans with your bed, laptop and good food. The last customers left and you cleaned the tables. Your day was made ever so slightly better by the thought that no customers had come in and kept you after closing time. 

You spoke too soon. 

You felt your eyes tingle and face grow hot, feeling as if you might cry. You want to yell. But your boss wouldn't allow that. "The customer is always right".

You breathed in, out, feeling your face cool down slightly as you compressed the need to cry. Not in front of a customer. 

Quickly putting the dishes in the back and brushing yourself off, you walked behind the register to take their order. 

"Sorry for the wait. How can I help you?"

He chuckled slightly, your head jerking up to look at a man closely reassembling your roommate. You couldn't resist smiling. 

"Will - Thank god!"

"Do you hate me for coming in so late?"

You sighed, nodding your head slightly. He pulled you close to him, placing his chin on the top of your head. 

"Shite day? Hey, let's go home."

(A/N.. I have had the worst luck this week and suddenly see this book has received 100 views. Thank you 100 times over!! I have to start seriously preparing for/sitting exams over the next four weeks so I have already written 4 chapters - requests are still open but it won't be until the end of November that I'll have time to write again. Thank you again!)

A Song For Each Moment - Youtubers x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें