Strobelite - Danny Avidan

There was a perk in your step as you walked out of school, towards the train station.

 "That wasn't so bad," you thought to yourself, "I guess there's a better chance of passing then I thought. "

The stress of exams had been ruining your mood for the past couple of weeks, and it had gotten worse as you realized how much you didn't know over the last two days. 

Pacing across the train tracks from habit, you could see the train was just arriving. "I wonder what other luck I would have today?" 

As the doors of the train carriage opened, you immediately turned left, aiming for the last carriage. The emptiness of the train allowed you to walk with more style, almost dancing. Looks like you weren't the only one with that idea. 

Just as you reached the end of the carriage, the train slowly began accelerating. An afro of curly hair bobbed in and out of your view, the wires on his earphones swaying with him. You almost tripped trying to stiffen yourself up, hoping he didn't see you. The commotion you caused was loud enough to startle the boy. He quickly went red, halting all movements. You sat on the seat right next to you, looking to the ground as if nothing had happened. 

"Everything all right there, miss?"

"Uh, yeah. Seems like we both thought the carriage was empty." Your chest bounced lightly, letting an audible gust of air out through your nose. He chuckled with you.

"Well, that's unfair. You probably saw me acting like an idiot. Show me your dance moves."

"..I don't think so."

"C'mon!" 

Your good mood almost made you step up and dance, but you resisted. It wasn't a good idea.

"On a moving train? I'm not about to embarrass myself and fall over again."

"Falling over is half the fun!"

You looked down again, making it clear you wouldn't budge.

That's when he got up, carefully pulling his earphones out of his phone and turning the volume up. Taking two deep breaths, he began to lightly bounce, waving his hands around to the beat. 

"Why don't you join me?" 

This time you couldn't resist, getting up immediately. Admittedly, you were shocked at this sudden burst of confidence. 

"Wow," you gasped for air in between words, half joking, "You'll have to teach me someday."

Just then, the train suddenly decelerated and was filled with sound as the train conductor informed you the train was coming to a stop. Both of you frantically attempted to keep your balance but to no avail. Getting up as soon as possible, he rushed over to his bag, and you grabbed your things, finding his sudden actions odd. 

Mumbling a small 'thanks', you headed towards the slowly opening train doors.

"Hold up!" Gasping for air, he presented a crinkled piece of paper with sloppy handwriting on it. 

Just then examined his face - you hadn't realized how attractive he was. 

"Text me, I'll happily be your dance teacher." 

 A beeping interrupted the situation, letting you know the doors were about to close. 

You dashed through the doors, not wanting to miss your stop. 

"Thank you again!" You said loudly, hoping he heard you despite the fact you were facing away. 

"I'm Dan, by th..."

The doors closed, silencing him before he could finish his sentence. Dan, huh.