Shisui narrowed his eyes. "You're saying there's a limit to being just an Uchiha?"

"The Six Noble Ancient Clans were once the most powerful clans in the Shinobi World. I was a kid when Konoha was first founded, so I never got to experience the war between clans. The Uchiha and the Senju were the most powerful and controlled a half of the Fire Country each. When these two clans joined and formed Konoha, slowly the other clans started to join among themselves and founded the other hidden villages. They found themselves completely powerless in front of the new Uchiha-Senju alliance.

"Still, the Uchiha and the Senju were feared in the whole world. Especially three well-known human beings. Hashirama Senju, who became the First Hokage. Madara Uchiha, the right hand of Hashirama. And, Amane Uchiha, a woman who controlled the Space-Time at will and had influence over the Tailed Beasts."

Shisui remembered all of that from the documents Fugaku gave him and the scroll he found in the Uchiha Library. It wasn't strange the Hokage knew all of this, but why was he giving him a history lesson all of a sudden?

"Now, imagine the three of them merged together into a single person. That's the kind of power hidden inside Hanako." The Hokage sighed. "What I'm concerned about is her naivety. Hanako is still a kid who doesn't understand what truly lies beyond that wall, who hasn't experienced betrayal and doesn't know who to trust. She is growing up within a tense atmosphere filled with hatred and distrust. At this rate, she will become ambitious, yearn for power, and become a problem for the safety of not only the village but the Shinobi World.

"Danzo is taking advantage of the fact that she is still a blank page he can write anything on. He wants to manipulate her, but if done wrong Hanako might get the wrong message and turn against the village."

"Then..."

"That's why I accepted his recommendation of adding Itachi into the Anbu."

"Huh?" Shisui lifted his head.

"Itachi is the opposite of Hanako. He wasn't born with any hidden powers, everything he has achieved he's done with pure determination and his own efforts. The will of fire is abundant in him."

Shisui's lips curled into a smile. "Itachi won't be tricked by Danzo's manipulation."

"Exactly. Hanako might be monstrous in terms of power but her mind is still weak. That's why, I'm sorry to say, Itachi is the only fit for this job. If Danzo asks for Hanako's transfer, we will have to offer Itachi instead, but Hanako must always remain on the bright side or things might take a nasty turn.

"You must know," his voice became dark, "she doesn't hesitate to kill those she redeems as enemies. And if she were to consider Danzo an enemy of her clan, she will kill him and everyone who stands in her way. She already did a year ago when her father was murdered, and a whole civilian town was sacrificed."

Shisui remembered the mission she spoke to him about. Hanako had said that there was this feeling inside her she couldn't control, was that her power? A killer instinct?

"I will make sure Hanako doesn't know." Shisui had taken a decision. Hanako was against the coup because she only saw things from the clan's point of view. They only heard what Fugaku said and what the senior police men claimed, but there wasn't any concrete evidence of their speculations. For her, it was just a greedy dream of the higher-ups wanting to reign over everyone. If Hanako knew about Danzo and what he has done, she would instantly turn in favor of the uprising. She would do anything in her means to bring down that man. And if Hanako supports the uprising, then he and Itachi can't do anything to stop them.

However, I can't agree with you entirely, Lord Hokage. That man needs to be stopped, and whatever comes his way, he deserves it.

* * *