1 - A Surprising Encounter

You walked in the halls of a populated building, hearing chit chats of this and that, gossiping about a random person, etcetera. In spirit form, you saw everything and everyone, but no one could see you, except other Servants that could sense you. Nonetheless, you doubted that they'd be any Servants in a place called 'school', or that's what Koniyo, your Master, said.

~~
[The night before...]

"I'm only 17, so I go to school... And tomorrow's Friday. So just one more day before we have the weekend to ourselves to plan out our stuff. Does that sound good?" Koni looked at you in an apologetic way, as if saying 'Sorry I forgot to tell you' or something similar to that.

"Do you wish for me to accompany you?" You asked politely.

"You could, although..." he looked at your outfit, "...don't think you'll blend in easily with that."

"What do you mean? Don't the other people in this 'school' area protect themselves with armor?"

"Ahh well not really? Let's just say that the world we, humans of this time, live in isn't as ugly and scary as your time. So no need to protect themselves from whatsoever. We're not in a 'Kill or Be Killed' situation every minute."

You seemed a little insulted. "Are you saying the world I lived in was ugly?"

"N-No! That was NOT what I meant! I meant... well, like... J-Just forget it. Tomorrow, just stay in spirit form and follow me around. At least then you'll understand what I mean when you won't fit in easily." He started mumbling to himself, "... you won't have a choice anyways, I don't have any girl clothes for you...".

~~

You thought to yourself as you looked at the other girls in the school, 'Oh. That's what he meant... It's so, plain though. What if an attack comes in? Well he did say that it was safer than my time, so there's that... but still... I'd feel naked just like that.' You focused back to your Master. He seemed a little too built for his age, but you saw how most of the girls looked at him like if they wanted to pounce on him. The guys also had a different respect towards him then with each other.

You finally arrived in a library, stacks of books, shelves full of them all over the place. No one seemed to be in it but you and your Master, since it was around the end of lunch break. Koni looked in-front of him. He spoke firmly and loud enough for the whole place to be able to hear him. "You called?"

"Yes, I did." A female voice, as firm and loud as Koni, answered. You started sensing another Servant. "You are... late!" A figure appeared in the air above your Master and attacked him with magic bullets. You quickly materialized and summoned your blade, cutting the magic bullets. As they dematerialized, you charged toward the figure and pinned them to the ground, blade to their throat. As you got a better view of their face, it was a female, most probably the same as the one that talked. Her eyes and long hair, as green and as brown as Koni's, caught your attention.

"Saber! Wai-"

The female snapped her fingers, and you got projected back, hesitating because of your Master saying 'Wait', and felt something— no, someone even, on top of you, pinning you down to the ground.
Slowly, a man started to materialize, like you did. A red spear to your throat, and another yellow spear in the ground beside your head, a man with golden eyes, a mole under his right eye and black hair, his lock of hair tickling the tip your nose, sat on top of you, smirking.

"A... Ayuna! What the hell?!" Your Master cried out. "Get your Lancer off of my Servant!"

"Koniyo! I knew you got a Servant! A Saber too? Damn. Was too slow." Ayuna said, laughing. "First time my sweet baby brother did something before me! I'm deeply touched."

"How many times did I tell you to stop calling me your baby brother?! I'm only a year younger!-"

You lost track of what the conversation between Koni and, supposedly, his older sister was. You locked eye contact with the Lancer on top of you. The mole under his eye, his dark ebony hair, the same messy lock of hair in the middle of his face and his piercing golden eyes. You felt like you saw him before in the past.

"Y'know, your hair goes well with your eyes. Makes you even more attractive." His voice, deep and soothing, said to you, still his spear at your throat.

"I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but complimenting me while putting a blade to my throat doesn't really fit together." You said, with a hint of laughter in it.

In your mind, you blushed, thinking, 'He calls me attractive, but he's even more attractive... Wait, wait no he has a blade at my throat, why am I falling under his charm. Get back to reality, [y/n]!'  You slappped both of your cheeks at the same time in your head.

"I can't compliment a lovely lady when I see one?" He argued in a low tone.

"Are you saying that you're a womanizer now?" You chuckled softly. "Oh and..." You lifted your knee to kick his leg off to the side, took his hand that had the red spear to your throat, using force to turn both of you so that you had the higher ground, pinning his hand to the ground, kicking the red spear away. You then sat on top of him, taking the yellow spear he planted in the ground and throwing it far away. "... you shouldn't take down your guard so easily," you smirked at him back.

He laughed, "I shouldn't underestimate you. I learned my lesson."

'Oh my Grail... I'm on top of him, his laugh was so... attractive? Goodness gracious what is wrong with me? I feel like I've become a little girl all over again!' you screamed in your head. You started to lecture yourself. 'Okay, listen [Y/N], calm down. He is a man. Sure, he's attractive, but I'll still battle him when the time comes. He won't make me hesitate... right?' You cursed at yourself.

"Saber!"

"Lancer!"

Both Servants looked at their respective Masters. Koni looked at you, and you got up, making your blade dissolve into thin air and stood beside him. Lancer did the same. Ayuna waved goodbye at her little brother, your Master looking dissatisfied, finally walking out the door of the library. Lancer gave you a quick wink and dematerialized. You stood there, finally letting warmth get to your face, pink coloring your cheeks.

~~

Koniyo explained to you afterwards when school was over that Ayuna, Ayuna Tomu, was his older sister. She lived in her own apartment while he had his parents' house. She had called him to the library for a 'small talk' of some sort. He said that he had no clue that she was the remaining Master who summoned Lancer. Brother and sister alike, they practiced the art of magic to become powerful mages. For Koni, though, seeing Ayuna as a Master seemed close to impossible since she was always so full of herself and irresponsible.

"So the reason she attacked you was..?"

"To probably test if I had a Servant, and if yes, when they would react. And of course to show herself off, she did that small blast to push you away and Lancer came in to immobilize you."

"So she wasn't really trying to kill you.." Koni shook his head as you asked, and you sighed of relief. "I apologize for acting without your approval."

He chuckled, "It's okay. I would've done the same if I was in your place."

You both sat on the couch, closing your eyes of exhaustion.

"Want MgRonald's?" he asked you.

"What is that?"

"Fast Food place."

"Fast Food?"

"I'll just get it, I'll let you taste. Their fries are delicious!"

You both laughed.