THIRTEEN.

﹝🍕﹞

the next morning, nayeon had officially moved out of the apartment. she ended the contract and everything. nothing was left of hers in our place.

chaeri sat silently on the couch next to me. we tried to pretend like everything was normal. we knew it wasn't, though.

"how are things with chanhee?" she asked.

i grinned, "good."

she turned to me and said, "i think tonight should be pizza night! i'll be at work so you two can have a little date here."

i blushed, "pshttt, i'm not in the m-mood for pizza—"

"yes, you are. now call him before i explode!"

﹝🍕﹞

chaeri left for work and chanhee would be at my place any minute now. my heart was pounding out of my chest, and i wondered if you could actually hear it.

chanhee rang the door and i let him in nervously, acting like an awkward bean.

chanhee threw his jacket on the sofa beside him and propped his feet up. i brought out the popcorn and sat beside him, nestling under his arm.

"what do you wanna watch?"

"i don't know," i shrugged, smiling like an idiot.

"the purge it is."

chanhee put a blanket over both of our warm bodies and held me close to him. i felt like i was in the stars, the way he touched me. it was something unreal.

though scary movies were terrifying to me, i didn't even notice because chanhee was the only thing i could think of. i closed my eyes and sunk back into the couch, my body melting onto chanhee's.

﹝🍕﹞

"morning," i heard a voice gently whisper as i was being tapped on my arm.

my eyes slowly opened. the lights were off but the credits of the movie were on. and then i saw chaeri.

"chaeri-ah," i said, yawning. "morning."

she chuckled and wordlessly pointed to my left. i turned my head and covered my mouth quickly. chanhee was asleep beside me, and i hadn't realized he was cuddling me like a stuffed bear.

chaeri smiled and held up her hands in a heart symbol. i rolled my eyes and contemplated what i'd do.

chaeri said, "when i got back from work, you two were slumped like this."

it was 10 pm and i felt bad for sleepy little chanhee. i sighed as i tapped his cheek. he flinched a little and squeezed me tighter.

cute.

"chanhee," i said, shaking him now. "wake up,"

he finally opened his eyes, looking around the room like he was just born. he looked at me and he smiled like a little baby from ear to ear.

"five more minutes..."

﹝🍕﹞