SIX.

﹝🍕﹞

"day three of minsoo's pity party." chaeri announced as she strolled into my bedroom. she set a cut of tea down on my nightstand with a clank. "i made tea."

rolling on the other side of my bed slowly, i grabbed the tea. chaeri frowned at me, "you're still hung up over stuttering in front of him?"

"yes! i sounded like i had a fricken speech impediment, chaeri!" i whined for the millionth time. "i'm such a goober."

"come on, he probably thought it was cute anyway." she sat down beside me and rubbed my back. "don't worry."

i nodded and sipped the tea. "okay."

just then, nayeon burst into the room, kinda ruining the moment, "sup, hoez. guess who's gonna host their first college party!"

"hopefully not you because i ain't cleaning." i snapped back.

nayeon but her lip and clasped her hands together. "um, well, you see..."

chaeri and i both sighed. "alright, how many people?"

"just a small amount of... f-fifty?" nayeon dared to say. instantly, her hands clasped together in praying hands. "don't kill me!"

﹝🍕﹞

people started to pour into our apartment. it soon became too crowded for a tiny living space like ours.

i drank beers on top of beers until i got too stuffed in here. claustrophobic, i grabbed some more alcohol and shuffled through the crowd, outside into the empty hallway.

the silence was a nice change a scenery. i stood with my back to the wall and sipped the burning alcohol. the rest of the night began to blur in my mind, for i was drunk.

"hey, minsoo."

i turned to my right. chanhee stood there with pizza in hand and a red uniform clad. i wondered how he always looked so princely.

i nodded at him silently. he stepped towards me and copied my stance on the wall.

"what are you drinking."

i shrugged, "apple juice."

"mhm." he chuckled and nodded in a sarcastic fashion. "sure. is there a party tonight?"

i nodded, "i don't know half the people in my room right now, so i'm chillin out here."

"don't blame you. the weather's nice, too." he nodded. i admired him as he admired the dark sky littered in sparkles. tonight was truly beautiful.

"how much have you been drinking?" he asked suddenly. i nodded, only a little embarrassed. i mean, he has seen me in hello kitty pajamas, so i think he can handle drunk me. "too m-much."

he sighed, and his arm wrapped around my shoulders. i instantly enjoyed his touch that i actually hadn't felt before. he walked me inside and put the pizza on the tabletop.

then he led the safely through the loud group of college students and into my bedroom. thankfully, there were no couples in my bed.

i got in bed and closed my eyes. my stupid mouth took over my mind, "will you kiss me?"

he chuckled for a while, propping himself up on the doorway. "not yet. it wouldn't mean anything now, would it?"

"yeah," i yawned, clutching harder onto my stuffed animals. again, i wasn't in my right mind.

chanhee sighed and said to me, "i wrote my number on the back of your hand when you didn't notice. call it if you don't feel well... goodnight."

the door closed and my room was permeated in pure darkness. then i drifted into a drunken sleep, only to dream about chanhee in my mind.

﹝🍕﹞

chanhee's so cute sometimes i just—